• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mono-finning websites etc.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Golfinho

NoFundo DoMar TemDinhiero
Aug 31, 2004
Hi,

Anyone know of any good websites with tips on technique for learning to mono-fin for beginners.

It's not the easiest thing i've ever tried, but good fun!!!!

For monofinning good back and schoulder flexibility is very important.

There are exercises for it, and many of them can also be found in yoga books.
I also recomment you to buy a big 85cm inflateble rubber ball, its a very good tool to gently stretch your back.

Make sure you do every stretch gently.
Stetch frequently, its best to do every day a mild but good stretch.
Doing only once or twice a week a hard stretch session is not good nor healthy.

Becomming lean is going to take time, but wel worth it. As you'll become more flexible your abilities to produce a good monofinstroke grow. I find that with every cm of reach I can do a much better stoke and everything I've learn is finally be able to fit and fall in place.

If one happens to be very stiff by nature, and one isn't willing to invest in flexibillity one is, by far, better of with a pair of good carbon stereo fins.

Tom Sietas, martin Stepanec, Umberto Pelizzari, stefane Misfud have shown us that stereo finning is not infereor when it comes to freediving.

To me the monofin feels very natural, that's what I like about it.

Good luck with discovering your way with the monofin!

Kars.

Kars, what are your dynamic with monofin PB?? I remember your 100 DNF, do you get further with the mono? I am able to do ca. 15-20 meters longer with mono

So many good books in either Italian or French......... better start learning French

Well Kingoheyes, I really haven't tried for a LONG time, so I recon the data I have is useless. For instance the last PB of my monofinning is OVER 16 months old! And I haven't tried with Bifins yet. Maybe I dive into this next week when the Berlin Comp proves to be succesfull.

Love, peace and water,
Carlos.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT