• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Monofin footpocket adjustments

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

PILOT

Deep Purple
Oct 30, 2002
Any advice on the best glue to reattach the straps on mono footpockets (waterway), also what is the best prep/clean routine to get them to bond well?

freediving buddy

hi PILOT,

I freedive in jupiter, just north of west palm beach. I currently go along with spearfishers, but it would be nice to go with a pure freediver sometime. If you are interested in diving with me, let me know.

I dive comfortably down to 70 feet, but am interested in going deeper.

Erik

Thanks for the link...the photos helped to confirm what I thought was the right process......

Kirehe, I should probably change my location to New York City, that where work has me 3 3/4 weeks a month, I still have my home in Palm Beach (Seminole) and have a hard time admitting to myself I'm no longer a full time resident, I'll send you an email if i'm in town and the weather's good to do some diving

PILOT, if you are looking for some freediving opportunities while you are in NYC, drop me a line. Three or four of us are going quarry-diving this Sunday in Allentown. It would be great to meet yet-another local freediver.

Only a few more weeks until the season in the Northeast ends :(

mike

Just use any glue for rubber. I use based on caoutchouc.

The strap consists of 2 half straps. Make them loose. Just pick up any end of strap (half-strap) and carefully but strongly pulling unglue them. Put you feet in rubber boots and put half-straps comfortable. Mark by pencil the position of one half-strap above another. Glue them by not very strong glue to be able to unglue them later if you need it. In border-sizes like you have I think the changing of the strap position will take approximately 1cm. Let it dry a few hours.

all the best.

Straps regluing

Just use any glue for rubber. I use based on caoutchouc.

The strap consists of 2 half straps. Make them loose. Just pick up any end of strap (half-strap) and carefully but strongly pulling unglue them. Put you feet in rubber boots and put half-straps comfortable. Mark by pencil the position of one half-strap above another. Glue them by not very strong glue to be able to unglue them later if you need it. In border-sizes like you have I think the changing of the strap position will take approximately 1cm. Let it dry a few hours.

all the best.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT