• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Monofin kick & glide for dynamics?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Kick&Glide demands at least a medium fin that's my conclusion too O'Boy. With a soft mono I overkick. The soft mono is what I think best when you have the arms along sides.

I also belive the technique is VERY VERY important like Sebastien mentioned.
I have an example of an athlete here in Sweden that trains 6-7 pool sessions a week and around 50-110x50M with rest times between 20sek and 1min. He focuses on finding a relaxed and winning technique all the time and it's nice to look at him swimming, it seems totally effortless.

He have shown that he can do long dynamics too, he have made for some days ago both 140m in a 20m pool and 150m in a 25m pool without any problems. No one in Sweden what I know is near his capacity.

In my opinion technique is the most important thing to train because that's what gives most progress and I think it's the same for statics too.

I don't think the progress you can get from Physical training can come near the progress you can gain from technical improvements.

I also think that psycological development can make more for performances than physiological development if you're not in very bad shape.

BUT AS ALWAYS: I can be totally wrong!:)

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT