• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

monofin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ivan

looking for deeper water
Jan 26, 2002
hi guys

I was reading Eric fattah's deep dive stories yesterday and all of a sudden something clicked and said I want a monofin. So now Im considering my options, ive been to the waterway website and have come up with this. they make 3 models and in each model you choose the stiffness is that right, also what is the difference between eg model 1 and model 2, is one better quality or something. I will be using it for dynamic and constant so I will probably go for the medium distance Mono. I dont know what model to get though Model 1 or Model 2 maybe one of you guys could explain.

My budget is already extremely overstretched, ive just bought a pair of Omer millineum comps and used once, I bought a wetsuit also, and in 5 days im buying a $500 aus rob allen railgun. Just wondering what the total cost would be including shipping and all that here in Aus. I have no idea on costs of monofins and didn't see the costs on the website any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Hey Ivan, glad to see you're going to give a mono a shot!
I have the medium, which I like. I think it's a good all round fin, but think that possibly a softer blade would be better.
I have it seen it recommended that a diver do some training with a stiff fin, but actually dive (even competitively) with a soft fin.
I find that the medium feels a bit stiff for descents, but great for ascents. That said, even a soft fin will move so much water that it should be ok coming up. Eric used a big stiff fin for all his stuff (so far), but he's a bit of a freak compared to the rest of us
Cheers,
Erik Y. (just a bit North of you)

hi Erik

Thanks yeah you are just a bit north of me whats the water temp there at the moment, here its 25degrees Celcius pretty cold for us, anyway are you getting any pbs in static ive set a goal to reach 6min dry before my birthday on september 6th. Your right Eric is a bit of a freak when it comes to deep diving, anyways I will look into this mono thing a bit more.

cheers

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…