• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

monofin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ivan

looking for deeper water
Jan 26, 2002
hi guys

I was reading Eric fattah's deep dive stories yesterday and all of a sudden something clicked and said I want a monofin. So now Im considering my options, ive been to the waterway website and have come up with this. they make 3 models and in each model you choose the stiffness is that right, also what is the difference between eg model 1 and model 2, is one better quality or something. I will be using it for dynamic and constant so I will probably go for the medium distance Mono. I dont know what model to get though Model 1 or Model 2 maybe one of you guys could explain.

My budget is already extremely overstretched, ive just bought a pair of Omer millineum comps and used once, I bought a wetsuit also, and in 5 days im buying a $500 aus rob allen railgun. Just wondering what the total cost would be including shipping and all that here in Aus. I have no idea on costs of monofins and didn't see the costs on the website any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Hey Ivan, glad to see you're going to give a mono a shot!
I have the medium, which I like. I think it's a good all round fin, but think that possibly a softer blade would be better.
I have it seen it recommended that a diver do some training with a stiff fin, but actually dive (even competitively) with a soft fin.
I find that the medium feels a bit stiff for descents, but great for ascents. That said, even a soft fin will move so much water that it should be ok coming up. Eric used a big stiff fin for all his stuff (so far), but he's a bit of a freak compared to the rest of us :)
Cheers,
Erik Y. (just a bit North of you)

hi Erik

Thanks yeah you are just a bit north of me whats the water temp there at the moment, here its 25degrees Celcius pretty cold for us, anyway are you getting any pbs in static ive set a goal to reach 6min dry before my birthday on september 6th. Your right Eric is a bit of a freak when it comes to deep diving, anyways I will look into this mono thing a bit more.

cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT