• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Moray, North Scotland

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Jul 6, 2015
Hello there, looking for buddies around Moray for a bit of freediving. I'm based in Lossiemouth, just starting out in 'proper' freediving, aiming to take a course when I can gather together enough cash/time off work.

Anybody in the area please let me know.

Hi folks,
I am looking to put together a regular meet/club in the Morayshire area (still working out funding/qualifications/insurance etc.), as the nearest club to me is Glasgow (4 hours drive). Just wanted to sound out if there is anyone lurking around here that would be interested in coming along? I already have a few mates interested (mostly due to my constant badgering :)) but the more people I can get involved the better. I know there are a few people from Aberdeen and the West Coast around, plus a couple of people who have visted/are visiting the area. If you guys would be willing to trek through you'd be more than welcome! Let me know!

Hi, I'm based in Insch, Aberdeenshire. Definitely interested, would be keen to get in the water with some other folks rather than blundering around on my own.

Grew up freediving in South Africa, but haven't bdone anything related for many years now.

You managed to get anything up and running re the club?

Cheers,

Luke

Hey there Luke, good to hear from you. So far I'm still in the planning stage. I've spoken to Steve Millard, and he is happy to help with training and starting the club. I just have to look details like funding and getting people on board. Can I ask if you have done any courses?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Hi, no courses done.

I might be interested in courses at a later stage. My main interest in joining a club like this is finding like-minded folk interested in spearfishing and lobster-diving, which are naturally associated with the free-diving scene.

I'd be interested in the pure freediving side of things, but more as an aside to help make me a better spearfisherman / lobster diver.

What type courses did you have in mind? I'd imagine it would involve heading further south for them, possibly even mainland Europe for the in-depth ones. Did find this on the web a while back for more informal instruction, if you can't get hold of higher level training...

http://www.freedive-uk.com/Pages/SnorkellingandFreediving.aspx

You manage to get in the water often?

Yeah, I'm interested in spearfishing etc, but really more as an excuse to be in the water :)

Since we don't have an instructor available full time, we need to have everyone trained up to the pool and theory 2* in order to cover the pool sessions. Steve is running courses in scotland, we need to confirm dates. If we have enough interest, we may be able to get him up here to lossiemouth.

I don't get out as much as I'd like, due to weather and lack of buddies really, but I do get out every now and again. Hoping to get some wreck diving done if I get the chance.

Either way it'd be good to meet up and get some diving done :)

Sounds good.

Keep me posted on training dates, etc, I'll make sure I'm there.

Cheers,

Luke

Hey There all,

I'm in Oldmeldrum. Totally new to spearfishing, but was a commercial diver for 10 years, so am very used to being in the water. Keen to hook up with folk with similar interest, ready for the arrival of suitable weather.

Thanks,

Graham

Hi there Graham, good to hear from you. I'm still in the process of setting up the club, jumping through all the hoops :) but I'm hoping to get it up and running as soon as I can. I think Luke is quite close to you, he has mentioned an interest in spearfishing, so it would be good to get you guys together. I'll keep a list of everyone who is interested in the area, and I'll let everyone know as soon as I can arrange a meet up.

Hi guys,

I am originally from Moray, although I don't currently live there I do come home often to see my parents and friends. Long term my intention is to move back.

I'd be very keen to get involved in any club. I am new to freediving as well, I have completed the SSI level 1 and done the majority of level 2 (could not complete my final dive session due to an ear problem) but my interests probably lie more in spearfishing than pure freediving.

When I am home I'm based near Fochabers, so not far from you Quicksilver. Do you surf? If so, I imagine we may have some mutual friends.

All the best,
Tom

Does anyone fancy a wee gathering, just to say hi and put faces to names?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's a good idea, how would the afternoon on Sunday the 17th suit people?

I'm going to have to cancel this Sunday, but in going to set a provisional date of Tuesday the 26th at 18.30. That should give everyone plenty of notice. If anyone can't make it just let me know and we'll see of we can accommodate everyone.
Also I'd like to set up a Facebook group so we can all chat a bit easier. I'll message you all with the group details.

Hey guys,

Great idea to meet up.

I wont be able to make it on the 26th as I will be out of the country so don't re-arrange on my part.

I am sure I will get a chance to meet up with you all another time.

Tom

Hey there guys, for anyone who hasn't got a message from me, I've set up the Facebook group, it's called Apneists Moray. If you can't find it, message me with your Facebook details and I'll get you added. Also I have set up a meeting for the 4th of February at the Muckle cross pub in Elgin at 7pm. It'll be a chance for everyone to be introduced and to get some club details and paperwork out of the way.

Hi there.

Are you still freediving around the Lossiemouth Area?

Im new to the sport and im based in elgin and interested in finding more spots people to dove with etc

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT