• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mosquitoes in my snorkel!!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jellythings

Oct 5, 2017
I decided to go for a little sunset dip this evening just to play around with a new flashlight to 25' and wouldn't you know it... There are dangers in the air!!! I was happily floating and deeply relaxed when I went to take a breath and >SsssssssUCK!< Mosquito right down the snorkel and into the throat! After chugging a few quarts of lake water to wash it down I noticed there were millions of them all around my head. Rats. That ended that little session. I am thinking I will rubber band a piece of screen to the tip of the snorkel if I try this again.

We'll have to try this...

Attachments

• 20171219_154640.jpg
    20171219_154640.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 190
Reactions: Manny_OCF
That is a scream!! Might even work, but we'd have to get used to a bit more water in the bottom of the snorkel.

We'll have to try this...

That is awesome! As long as it stays on when you are diving down.
Has it worked since you've put the netting on?

I was thinking the alternative would be to use a dry top snorkel, but those things are clunky.

I'm stuck on land until at least Christmas day. I am absolutely certain that it will filter out the mosquitoes but will let you know how it performs as far as how well it stays on, will the screen remain rigid and if it still clears water with ease. I have been going nuts wanting to test it out myself! :)

Reactions: Manny_OCF
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT