• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

most wonderful scuba diving place

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Been to a few places mentioned (Manado several times, Sipadan). Sipadan is good but access is now difficult, you may only get a day or two there out of a week, rest at Mabul or Kapali (good but not what you went for). Malapascua was good, saw the thresher sharks as well. Maldives, been several times, good for big stuff, great viz, best place I know for seeing mantas. Similans up to Richelieu also very good. South of Phuket to Hin Daeng/Muang also good.

BUT

The best by a very, very, very large margin was Papua New Guinea, big, small, wrecks, whatever - sodding awesome.

Reactions: agbiv
I cannot recommend Heron Island highly enough if you like to dive. Because the dive sites are so close (none is more than 5 minutes by boat) you can get in 3 dives a day and the diving is simply spectacular! I don't know your budget but if you can afford it. choose the Point Villa Suites. They are large and comfortable and have the most wonderful view. The main wildlife on the island are birds but if you are there at the right time of year you can either see turtles laying eggs or hatching. We happened to catch an eruption of 100 baby turtles scurrying to the water and it was quite an experience.
Lkaufman

Freediving in Moalboal, Cebu, Philippines with a resident school of sardines.
At Pescador Island there is since more than 1 1/2 year a big school of sardines.
They are every day there and sometimes you can see some pelagics hunting them.
Plenty of videos on youtube (search:pescador moalboal sardines)

Every dive destination is unique in some ways. That is something I learned while visiting some of the best dive destinations in the world...
Here some TOP dive destinations not to miss.
Raja Ampat
Sipadan
French Polynesia (Fakarava & Rangiroa)
Komodo
Similan Islands
Tonga (especially the worlds biggest underwater cathedrals off Eua)
South Africa (Aliwal shoals, tiger sharks, Gansbaai, white sharks)
Tanzania (Pemba Island)
Kenya (Diani beach whale shark expeditions)
Mexico (Holbox whale shark Mecca, Cozumel & cenotes, especially the Angelita)
I've been lucky enough to dive all these places and then some :p
I know I'm lucky but I also want to share my experiences with YOU, here a small trailer for you, it contains some of my most memorable moments from each of the above destinations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojQ9IzEsCG0
I hope you will enjoy this, I sure did ;)

My favourites have to be Richelieu Rock, Sipadan and Mabul.

Beautiful corals in the first, amazing marine life in the second and fantastic muck diving in the third.

In fact they are the only places I've been diving apart from Capernwray and Vivian :p

Heading back to the Similans and RR in December for another gander :)

My</SPAN> 2 best dive sites are Sulawesi Manado with diving on Bunaken, Bangka and Lembeh Strait and the north and west bali with the dive sites Menjangang and US Liberty Wreck in Tulamben. If you want, you can view a lot of my photos from Sulawesi on: http://www.adcdiving.be/sulawesi_manado_duiken_indonesie_2011.html

De site is in dutch, but you needed not to read for viewing my pictures.

The green links are the picture pages.

I also dived in thailand. It was nice but Indonesia is better (my opinion) but Thailand is easier and faster to reach from europe

My last dive trip was Belize. Good for a combination of diving and viewing the Mayan ruins and the jungle. The page is ready, but the pictures of the dives will be ready in late January 2013.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT