• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Motion Sickness

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I've used the Sea Bands and for me ginger works better.

I grate ginger and make a thermos of it with hot water and a bit of lemon juice (fresh if you can get it) and a bit of honey.

This is my winter brew for heading to the sea - normally have a cup before leaving the house and then drink a bit at the beach and the rest when I come out.

Kind of combines the freshness of lemon with the remedy of ginger and the honey for a bit of energy.

There is a kind of herbal tea you can get in the UK made by "Dr. Stuart" - the Energy one is based on ginger and roooibos I think - again a nice brew if you are feeling pants.

Got caught out the other day as I dont take it to the beach in summer - the day was rough and I got motion sickness for the first time...

As far a s the Sea Bands go I thin kyou can easily make them. Not sophisticated at all - it is a plastic button on a band. Try it and see if it works out - based on accupressure point on the wrist ?

Hope that helps - Ed

Relief vs. Sea Bands

I tried sea bands...the kind made with an elastic band and a half round button...with little effect. Then I got a sea band, which looks like a watch and is batter powered. That's the one in the first link a few posts ago.

The sea band sat in my pack for a year or so because I don't typically need stuff like that. This summer my 8-year-old son went tuna fishing with me 50 miles off the Maryland coast and started turning green, which reminded me that I had brought my pack and the sea band was in it. I put it on him and turned it up about halfway and he settled right down. This was after he upchucked once already and was starting to feel green a second time. Within a half hour or so he asked me to take it off him and he was just fine the rest of the day. The thing puts off a mild electrical current that feels like vibrations on your wrist. It's a little expensive, but you could sell everyone on the boat one for twice the cost under the right conditions. :D
Mark

The gizmo: Maplin > Motion-Sickness Relief

Niaid, a friend uses those elastic accupressure bands for flying and reckons they work for him. A family did some Tai Chi classes in Seattle and she told the teacher that she had some stomach problems, so the teacher applied some pressure somewhere and apparently she spent most of the rest of the day in the wc. I think that was intended although the affect was more sudden and dramatic than she expected or wanted! (Sorry to lower the tone:D).

Mr X you're replying to a thread from 4 years ago - I'd hope Naiad would have sorted this out by now!

Thanks for the link Mr X. ;)
I found that they sell the straps in Woolworths, surprisingly good too.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT