• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mountain Divers Have more fun!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Amphibious said:
Ah! Rem Mtn Rifle... MMmmm I love those things, my hunting partner has the stainless version in .260rem. what he hunts with for everything around here. glad to hear there are some sensible hunters left, a .30-06 to most hunters up here is fit only for deer and black bear. "Elk are tough critters, bettr bring a magnum" attitude prevails. Boyscout? Eagle by any chance?

Range day today. Going in For surgery tomorrow and it;ll be a while before I get to shoot again :D

Nope, never a real Boy Scout actually... Made it through Weblos but then ... long story..... BUT, being prepared was never a bad thing. Actually, I went hunting for the first time in High School when I was 17 (with the .358 previously mentioned) and then not again until I was 32 and out of the Navy. But, by that time, I already had done a lot of bench work with the Remington and the Ruger.....

"Elk are tough critters?" Not if your aim is half-way decent. The right load will do wonders! and, the best part of all... they taste YUMMY! :p We would usually fill all our tags (meaning 2 cows, 2 bulls and a couple of deer) every year and we rarely gave any of it away. There was also very rarely much left in the freezer that wasn't round into burger by the time the next season rolled around... That went into the Chili that we would cook to take with us! ;)

Ahhh yeah. Those were the days...... <heavy sigh>

Amphibious said:
of course, as the picture below clearly shows, there is a very good reason to have a .375H&H around here.... :ko

(the boot on the right is a Men's 12 Danner)

HOLY SH#%$!!!

I think I would prefer to be wearing my size 12 Sacouny Running Shoes if one of those showed up..... Just remember to run DOWNHILL! Bears have this problem that they got short, little, stubby front legs in comparison and tend to fall over themselves if they get going to fast down a hill.

Saw this happen once in the mountains with a Brownie during deer season. Funniest darn thing I have seen in a while... all the better that I was sitting on a nice rock outcropping on the other side of the valley when it happened.

I don't know WHAT the bear was after and whatever it was couldn't have been very big because I never did see it through the binocs but watching it go butt-over-teakettle a ferw times, get up, shake its head like "abadee, abadee, abadee, Which way did he go, George?" and then wander off was the highlight of that day.

Now that had to be funny. Pity you didn't have a v-cam with you, it could have been worth money on AFV, like the time I was chasing a caribou over the tundra, stepped into a creek, tripped, landed on my face and bounced right back again without missing a step. And no, I don't know how that happened. BTW, the 'bo is still on my wall. :D
Tried to do the "add rep" thing but the system says that I have to spread it around before tapping you again. Huh? I haven't added anything to BDurret at all. Go figure.

Oldsarge said:
Tried to do the "add rep" thing but the system says that I have to spread it around before tapping you again. Huh? I haven't added anything to BDurret at all. Go figure.

Tried to to it to you and got the same note ...... STEPHEN!!! It's broke again! rofl (I'll probably get :ban for this... for life! ;) )

Reactions: Stephan Whelan
I know my 500A-Square may have an effect on that guy.....thats a fair sized bear track. The thought of taking him on with my recurve sounds quite a bit more exciting though.

Hows life been Collin, havent talked to you in a bit.

Cheers,
Justin

Heya Justin - home from hospital, just checking the mail and such. feels like I've been hit by a bus, bed time me thinks....

Amphibious said:
Heya Justin - home from hospital, just checking the mail and such. feels like I've been hit by a bus, bed time me thinks....

*Island Sands appears in a nurse outfit and a glass of hot milk* rofl

hello!... how did it go? You must be feeling awful. Give us all a shout when you surface...

island_sands said:
*Island Sands appears in a nurse outfit and a glass of hot milk*

Now THAT would be nice to wake up to ;) Might be worth the knee surgery, eh Colin?
Cheers,
Erik Y. (now new and improved with hair)

A hot Nurse would keep me breaking apendeges for years to come :D Do you Work in White Vinyl? maybe someone can fill me on how "Keyhole" surgery can end up with 21 staples? damn. back to bed.

Island_Sands, when i wake up I expect you to be here with my milk :D

Whassha mattah? That shilly ol' hoshbital got you on som' kinda sissy diet or sumpin? Pershonally I can't even vishualize . . . vizyoualleyes . . . imagine Sharah wif a drink as weak as warm milk. A hot toddy, now, I can believe! Make mine a double!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT