• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

movies of our man Erik!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jon

Dairyland diver
Supporter
Apr 7, 2001
I just saw this really cool movie clip of some freedivers in Canada and it included our very own Erik!

Just go to :

http://www.mossmanscubaventures.com

and click onto the freediving movie section. Make sure to turn the volume up too.:D

Jon

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pezman
Wrong thread, but hey ...

Jon (or anyone else for that matter),

Anyone know where I can get some Quicktime video editing software to edit the MOV files that are generated by the C-5050? I have been converting them to AVI and then using Windows Movie Maker to edit the clips. However, the conversion process degrades the clips (which aren't that great to begin with).

Last edited:
The author of the video, Greg Mossfeldt, will likely know. Try sending him an email or posting on the forums on his site...

Great video! Very nice lightning consider the normal green, darkness that usually comes with lakes.

But its unfortunate that the most freedivingvideos isn't edited properly for computerdisplay. This video as many others lack in quality because of interlace (which can be seen as horizontal lines during fast movement).

For the happy homevideo editors out there I can recommend visiting this site: www.100fps.com

@Pezman,

I've never tried to convert quicktime to AVI myself (though I've done alot of videoediting/converting), but i would try the following:
1. http://www.dvdrhelp.com/mov2avi.htm
2. Then I would use a lossless compression format like huffyuv as an intermediate format (where it says PICVideo MJPEG Codec on the picture in the url above). HuffYUV is found here http://www.divx-digest.com/software/huffyuv.html
4. Then load the intermediate file into your favourite videoeditor (Windows Movie Maker) and edit it.

Bonus tip (I guess the C-5050 makes videos with 15fps or the like?). You could framerate enhance your video by using a program called Motionperfect, found here: http://www.dynapel.com/com/private/mp_overview.htm

Reactions: Pezman and Jon
I almost forgot that our own Jkivi is in the video too!:duh

Jon

They say that it's 55' at the top and 61' at the bottom.

Jon

My Mosquito reads 21 metres down in the first floor. If you go down to the first floor, you can go into a different room and come up and out through a manway with a rung ladder.
It's really a lot of fun diving there. There is also the old dam and lots of structures to be seen around there. beats diving into just mud :)
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Just so people know who is who in the vid. I am the guy at the very start of the video landing on the roof of the pumphouse. That was actually the first time that I have ever been in the pumphouse so it was pretty cool to have it on video as well.

Reactions: Erik
Jeremy,

To be down there, your ears must be back in good shape again?

Lee

Hey Lee,

yeah they seemed to be behaving themselves. By the end of the day it was getting progressively harder to go deeper. Probably due to me trying to clear them to hard :) I feel like they are back to where they were before the ear wax incident though.

Ha Ha Looks just like diving the mountain lakes here in North Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. I would feel right at home diving there
:D

BladeRunner OUT

What kind of temperatures do you get in your lakes down there Bladerunner? Also, what kind of freediving community do you have. I have a friend that is interested in freediving that lives in SC.

Lee

Lee the temp usually range from 70- 80 degrees in the summer and winter it's 45-55. I usually never see it get below 50 except if we have cold winter. In the summer I like going to lake called Lake Jocassee in the Northwestern corner of South Carolina to dive. A nice mountain lake with low boat traffic, it's pretty popular with scuba divers. on nice days I have to push my way through to get to water. It's like an hour and half drive or alitttle less but I don't mind driving. There are other lakes but that one would probly be the closest to your friend that I've had a chance to dive. As for freedive community well your probly talking to it. I've been on a two year search for anyone that freedives or would be interested in it. I've either went to or called any diveshop or scuba club within 200 to 250 mile radius of Atlanta, Ga looking for someone to freedive with. A year ago I found out that one person on the AIDA usa board named Tec Clark lived here in Atlanta, he's now one of the founding member of USAA(United Sates Apnea Association). I was able to get in touch with him and he was interested in doing some training but he would never come out and going diving at all. I would ask him if you knew anyone that would like to do some diving in Atlanta but he would never give me any info. So I just gave up and stopped contacting him!

If your friend is intrested in diving them have contact me and we can do diving at Lake Jocassee!

IF you need more info on the conditions ask away

BladeRunner OUT

Last edited:
Thanks Bladerunner,

I will talk to my friend out there. It would be cool if you both could have a dive buddy. I will let you know when I talk to him.

Lee

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT