• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

MPfrees

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sinkweight

fat flotilla
Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
http://emeraldseadivers.com/

I found this at a Dallas dive shop site. I was wondering if anyone has had the chance to use them;

H2OAudio Series Underwater MP3 Players which include 64mb to 512mb of built-in memory to deliver from 2 - 16 hours of CD quality tunes.

This brings up another good question...well a good question...that last one wasn't that good...anyways....what do some of y'all like to listen to to relax before, or during a dive...if indeed you do listen to music.

I haven't been to any competitions, let alone diving with anyone, but from the extensive Deeperblue gallery, you'll see some of the hot-shots listening to headphones during meditation and dry breathups.

Here're some artists I believe they're NOT listening to:

Yoko Ono, The Spice Girls, Tiny Tim, bagpiper Scott Cawthon, The Ramones, Tupac Shakur, The Specials, The demo tapes that various wedding reception entertainers sent my sister a couple of years back...

Alright, in all seriousness. Have you tried this underwater MP3 player, and what kind of stuff do you listen to to get in the freedivin' mood, baby?

Attachments

• mp3-1.gif
    mp3-1.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
That looks sweet! I use my Ipod when I'm doing tables, meditating or just chilling. While I've got everything from rock to rap to country to blues on it I mostly listen to techno when I'm doing tables. Artists like Paul Van Dyk, Oakenfold or Tiesto.

What kind of $$ were they asking for the MP3 player? How much depth can you get?

Cooo!

I think it only goes down about 100 ft. or so. I'm not sure

I use a waterproof radio in the pool - only £10 together with my Ipod and a small FM transmitter - Ipod sits in bag poolside and plays away merrily, I pick it up on my radio and listen to it - the set up works but its fiddly and I find the earplug/earphones things quite uncomfortable so it doesn't really help relax that much

fun though!

Hey, Sam!

Sounds like a good setup.

I'm gonna try and weasel somebody into buying me a pair of that underwater MP3 player for my birthday, this April. It'd be nice to take them into open water. I have a feeling that most sea mammals would like AIR's latest album. heh-heh.

speaking of sea mammals...how's Deepestbear doin? I'd imagine going in/coming out of hibernation is a prime window to break another set of world records.

Deepest Bear is doing just fine. He spent a weekend in the 30m tank as a first step out of hibernation and made a few swims up from the bottom all on his own - he needed a lift down though, the muscles in his legs have atrophied a bit over hibernation time...

his next big world class event is going to be in Cayman with Kirk, Mandy and Longfins - watch his site for news of that in April

the FM transmitter for the Ipod is called an Itrip and you can buy it online - but its illegal to use it in the uk.....

s

his next big world class event is going to be in Cayman with Kirk, Mandy and Longfins - watch his site for news of that in April

That's swell. I just sent a deposit for a clinic in Miami with Kirk yesterday, it should be on their doorstep this morning. In the letter I wished them good luck and expressed my confidence in their record attempts, but perhaps you could relay it as well.

I have no doubt D-bear will do his usual jaw-dropping performances, and then, of course, party like a rock star in the evenings.

the FM transmitter for the Ipod is called an Itrip and you can buy it online - but its illegal to use it in the uk.....

I wonder why...

Thats super weird that it's illegal in the UK, I have the Itrip as well and love it. It makes long drives bearable. That is a fantastic idea to use a cheapy radio to broadcast to in the water, I will have to hunt one down!

Good to hear your coming down this way sinkweight, which clinic date have you signed up for?

which clinic date have you signed up for?
The mid-July one. Aww heyull yeah.

I was pushing for the April one, but I couldn't get the funds quickly enough. And with their paypal all weirded out, I couldn't put it on the old devil's plastic. I know that you mentioned, or was it you..., that Kirk helped you do a transfer or something like that. I didn't want to a fly in the ointment, what with their training and all going on. Perhaps it's best. This way, I'll be able to shed some winter fat, and hopefully get my metabolism down to decent level for good oxy-preservation.

I can't help feel embarrassed, though. I tried to register through the site via paypal, so I'm sure they got some registration mail notice every time I tried. And I tried a lot of times. They probably think I'm a spaz.

I mean, c'mon. Everybody here at DB knows I'm just a weirdo.

Oh, what's the commerce like in Miami? How much money do you think I should bring to hit the town?

well its illegal but they are still for sale here and I can't see anyone enforcing it - basically any FM transmitter without a license is illegal, just in case the police want to broadcast on that frequency or something

sadly DB is going to Cayman but not me. If only!! Peter Longfins will be his bodyguard for the week

S

Dude, Paypal is just like that sometimes, I don't think anyone will think anything of it!

Bring all the money you have ;) that way you won't be dissapointed.

Seriously, just like everywhere you can spend as much, or as little as you want. You just have to know where to go!

basically any FM transmitter without a license is illegal, just in case the police want to broadcast on that frequency or something

That might disrupt diving and breathups. Hearing some horrible crime report over your headphones. ha-ha-ha! Or better yet, hearing a police officer report a woman in her pool illegally using a FM transmitter.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT