• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Music ....

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SASpearo

Desk Driver
Dec 6, 2001
If you could listen to any music whilst freediving, what would it be?

Personally I prefer Enya ..... but, since I'm a little tapped in the head anyway, I can hear it equally well underwater or above water .....

I do listen to the music while I freedive...
The sounds of the sea.... :)

Title: "The Universe" Artist: God

Aaaauuummmm..........
Cheers,
Erik Y.

~~~~([:]o)~~~~~~~

Last edited:
Watching it snow, wishing for warmer climes...

When I do my daily lung packing / rib stretching exercises, I listen to selected cuts from Patrick O'Hearn (http://patrickohearn.com/), a gifted ambient genre' musician. Been listening to his music since way back in the early-mid 80's (I'm dating myself now)...

I highly recommend his music for doing yoga breathing exercises...

Now back to writing...

sound of silence

I have to agree with jero and erick,
Nothing like the ocean´s sounds.
The sound of silence.
The rythm of my heart beat.
I don´t want nothing more.

Sincerely

Frank Pernett

i also like the sound of the sea
without bubbles preferably, but....

the sea is definatly not silent.
the roar of the waves crashing.
the clicking of some fish or crab or whatever it is.
the skimming of the water as i dive down.
the loud breathing of my buddy when he get back from a dive.
the sound of a fin hitting the sand.
the rythem of my heart gradually slowing down as i once again dive down.
the little whine of bubbles escaping my leaking mask. (well not anymore...)

you get the idea
just because Cousteau called it the silent world doesnt mean he was right.

see if you can add more sounds to the list.

I do like anything by Lisa Gerrard though....among many other performances, she is the haunting and angelic voice on the "Gladiator" soundtrack. She was also the female half of "Dead Can Dance", a great group that experimented with many ethnic forms of music.
Cheers,
Erik Young

can't help it..

i actually sing! i have no idea how it started, but i think i do it to help calm the fish. ;) obviously it's just in my head, but the crappy part about it is i usually sing the last song i heard before heading out. the days i hate are when britney spears was on last. oops, i did it again is just not the masculine thing to be humming when you're trying to yank a 20# grouper out of a hole 70feet down. :D

if i had a choice, i'd let the mermaids sing to me all day long. maybe we can get peter to teach Eithne Ni Bhraonain(enya) how to monofin. :D now that would be lovely!

~anderson

Last edited:
Now this one i like........

On my way to the pool in the afternoons i will have the radio on and listen to some music, the last song before i get out of the car will be the one repeating in my head during my whole training session.

Music to relax to and think of freediving....Vangelis "Oceanic"
and Mike Oldfield's "Songs from distant planet earth"......sigh......just sitting here thinking of their music relaxes me.

hubba, hubba! :p

will they let you swim w/ them? maybe $20 for one song, kinda like when you're at a... never mind. :eek:

Atlantis by Donovan?
Yellow Submarine by Beatles?
Octopuses Garden by Ringo Starr?
Anything by the Soggy Bottom Boys?

dissociative jobs

Hi,

I once had a job putting labels on boxes of paper on a conveyor belt, after only two shifts I could select the albums that I would run in my head for the shift. yellow submarine got a lot of play.

On the surface I'm usually counting breaths, and underwater I like to listen and watch and feel and some times taste what is underwater.

fd48

Jean Michel Jarre..
Waiting For Cousteau..that is relaxing..

Back to the mermaids...

For $12 you can swim at Weeki Wachee Springs in the spring and summer seasons (in between shows). If you're fortunate (as I was), you can swim with the mermaids (or former mermaids) as they practice/play around in the water.

Scott

P.S. Along this thread subject, they pipe in music the whole time - easy listening from the 70's & 80's (i.e., Bee Gees, etc.) - definitely a fun, sensory experience (memaids, music, 200' viz).

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT