• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

muzzle

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ajwaverider

Jan 3, 2004
This is the muzzle for my euro titanium gun made by DBs' own Defothecrown.

Last edited:
Nice work 3 bands and a line loop under the muzzle.
what is the silver thing near the barrel?

Defo put in band stabilizers to raise the bands in parallel with the shaft . I didn't really like them at first but now they've grown on me. I was going to take a top view but i'm having some cam problems.The muzzle is almost to nice for the euro ,I'm thinking about putting it on a hybrid. I'll try to put a top view pic up tomorrow.

looks good...can't wait to get mine...HINT HINT HINT. CHRIS!

ps by the way, nice article in HSD mag bro. good goin.

Sorry to break the news to you John,but Chris will be sending the rest of the muzzles to me. Just kidding :).I ment to mention that Chris was in the mag to you but I forgot.
How's that gun coming along ?Let me know when you get the accutrack.

The guy that made the muzzle is working on his molds so he can make more. once he get his molds going you should be able to get one.

thanks aj, i really like the looks of that muzzle. do you know were he will be selling them or for how much ? thanks

cz...you got the semi enclosed gun right? If so you really wont get any benifit from raising the bands. Just a heads up.

nope i got the regular. i got my gun from spearfishinggear.com for cheaper then i could get it from daryl. it saved me like 50 bucks and when you 16, 50 bucks goes a long way. im not sure i will get the muzzle but im seriously thinking about it but the price of diesel is going up and i need to keep fuel in my tank.

Hey guys,

yes, there was catostrophic mold failure. I'm debating wether to make a new mold which is really expensive or just use the remaining blanks and be done w/ it. CZ, I'm not sure what ID Daryl uses on his hybrid guns. If someone knows I'll let you know if I can make one for you. The muzzles are cast from reinforced epoxy resin which is very expensive but gives the best results. If anyone is interested in one feel free to PM me.

cz, what model did you get and what size bands do you have on it? The setup is the first thing I would tinker with...oh yeah, what size shaft are you shooting?

The RTV tin catalyst silicone is what you want to use. You won't need any mold release agent which is a big plus. You'll also need some bondo to fill the screw holes and trigger slot. You can drill them out latter but that will alow you to use a two part mold.

A better bet is to make handle from wood and fiberglass them. They can then be pinned inside the gun stock and easily removed for travel.

Oh, if your filling the mold w/ epoxy you might have to do two pours w/ really slow cure epoxy, otherwise you might melt your mold (even though it sayd there rated for ~550 degree low melt metals).

I 'll have to try to get some supplies to try that. I went to wally world to find a toy gun with a handle I liked and to my suprise they didn't have any.I ordered some fiberglass tube from Mcmaster Carr last saterday and they shipped it monday ,It arrived on tuesday by standard ups ground.I'm really impressed with there service.The tubing is 1.5 od by 1.250 id and fits the ti tubing nicely.It super tough and
would make a nice barrel in a smaller od.

I went through the exact same process. went to wal-mart to find a toy gun, www.smooth-on.com, let me know when you get to the wooden handle phase ;) .
If you want I can fax you a schematic 1:1 for the handle. It's easy just takes a little time with some rasps.

Last edited:
ok, i have a 55inch midhandle tit. barrel wong hybrid. i shooting a 63 inch 9/32 tahitian shaft with 2 9/16 22 in. bands. i just couldnt get it to shoot straight with two bands so i just loaded one and it was a whole lot more accurate. rig, any tips on this gun, i know you have a couple and i just wanna know you thoughts on the subject.

Here's a photo of the muzzle on my 38 special and a new camo paint job. I glassed the barrel so i could paint it once and for all. The muzzle has some sanding dust on it in the photo.

Remember red is the first color to get filtered out at depth so gun should be a little more 'mild' in the water.

Attachments

• muzzle300.jpg
    muzzle300.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 227
  • camo300.jpg
    camo300.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 225
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT