• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

My favorite spots - Honduras and Indonesia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Andrew_Ottawa

Jul 26, 2004
I didn´t see much on them, so just thought I´d post my favorite spots after a year adn a half of beach bumming around the world.

My two favorite free diving (and SCUBA) spots. Utila Isand (one of the bay islands), Honduras and Gili Air, Lombok Indonesia (4hr ferry from Bali).

Both of these locations are cheap for diving and free-diving friendly. The dive operators will usually let you come along on their boats for free if you have dove with them a couple times... even better, they both have good sites that you can swim to, although the currents can make this dangerous around the Gili islands.

Best of all, at both places you can eat great sea food, suck back cold beers and stay in a decent room for under $25US (20euro) a day.

Anyone else have any cheap favorites?
Andrew

www.danielseppings.com the word honduras in spanish means deep water. Christopher Colombus named it after shipwrecking there. Have you seen the Belize barrier reef there are only two in the world one in Australia and one in Belize I don't believe thats a fluke that both nations were British

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT