• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

My first homemade speargun!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Sorry, no piccies as yet.
Managed a couple of small pollock last night - with the pole spear. Floured the fillets and then fried them up in some hot butter and garlic. Not bad for pollock!
Also caught a couple of small lobsters - looked tasty but they were probably undersize so they went back.

Joel isnt the most photogenic person so he tends to shy away from the camera.....oh you mean pics of the fish?!
Viz was awesome last night but only saw one bass between us......and it wasnt me that saw it! better this avo i reckon.
Joel im half way through a meeting about standard deviation of my test results, usefullness function and areas under graphs to determine z function....yadda yadda, god let it be over! So im thinking caswell asap after school? There must be bass down there!

Ross, sorry I haven't been in touch - had a few things on that have made it difficult to make plans plus vis was not good at weekend. I'm gonna being going for a local dive after work tonight - I could meet up with you at Caswell - I'll hopefully be there about 6.30. I'll send you an e-mail as well - boss coming - gotta go...

Ross H said:
Joel isnt the most photogenic person so he tends to shy away from the camera
Oh dear oh dear! and so ends another fine freindship :(
rofl

Pollocks tast like crap mate!! best thing you can do with those is mince them and squash them into small round flat things!!

I have to disagree with you there Alison, Pollock only taste like crap if you let them taste like crap.
cardinal rules when dealing with Pollock, Bleed immediately and gut straight away.
do not leave them in the hot sun in the car as they will go off very fast.
try and keep a small Cooler box of ice and put the fish into this as soon as possible.
and try my Recipe for Indian style pollock, you won't look back....:)

Sorry Huan I was refering to trindo's pollocks, I dobt if he would let you put any chilli powder on them hehehe

Reactions: island_sands
Conversly Alison, Joel doesnt take a good photo and loves the whole pleasure/pain thing! He'd love to squash his pollocks flat and dust them with chilli powder- indian style!
Seriously tho Huan, send me your recipe looks like pollocks the only thing i can get close enough to! Went out with Graham last night, didnt see anything worth shoting, and he pulled up a dirty great bass- think its the cammo wetsuit!

rofl poor trindo!! Ah well it takes all sorts (not an MP by any chance?) the recipie is on the recipe forum in the hunting section :p

[ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?t=56639"]Indian style Pollock[/ame]

If feel for Trindo - the second he pops up on DB Allison is trying to mince and squash his pollocks flat :waterwork and Huan wants to cover them in Chilli Powder :vangry

I reckon the spicy bass nuggets - I mean fish goujons japanese style - I had last night would go well with pollack - or mullet for that matter!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT