• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

My first real fish!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

kellya

Apr 6, 2004
I went spearfishing today in the remanets of a typhoon. It was 10 celcius and pouring and windy. The viz was onl 3-5 feet due to an algea bloom. I did get my first fish though. Even with the conditions. A nice little rock sole and i even stoned him with a paralyzer tip.

That is good news, you will remember that one :) it only gets better from here but never quite as exiting as the first but it gets close :) and it gets warmer too ;)

here it is.

Attachments

• kellya.jpg
    kellya.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 382
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pablo
Congrats Kellya, the first one is like a pearl in our memories.

Still cold... or did you get a warming bargain at the neoprene factory?

IT was good! The brand of suit that has the factory near me is whites coldwater suits. I have heared they are very very good. And either the waters getting warmer or i am getting tougher cause im warmer now when i swim. To anwser tylers question i shoot him on a beach with spotty sandpatches. He was in an area that was small rocks and sand. Ill add more pics if i get any more.

Nice fish!

I have a friend with a whites drysuit. Doesn't care for it much cause of problems with the neckseal etc. However, I've no experience with the wetsuit...

When does your gun arrive?

Ahhhhhhhh, the first fish. Something you will always remember.
Remember (as Alison said) it only gets better from here!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT