• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

my first season

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
So just received my elios 5mm Titan through the post & am dead keen to get slippery & try the thing on - trouble is i ordered the suit just before having back surgery (DOH!!) & then ended up having frigging complications resulting in amongst other things the best diet regime I've ever had a loss of nearly 3 stone - mmmmmm Made to measure custom fit ???? So whilst dreaming of being able to feel my legs & feet again I'm eating like a hoss so that my suit will fit like a glove when I get better!!

Seriously though having given it a damn good inspection - high quality rubber, stitching & welds looks the business = great value in comparison to my Neil Pryde winter suit which cost exactly the same money & then proceeded to fall apart within weeks of very mild use. Dont think the two are remotely comaparable in terms of quality & value..

Hi rocklobster

Glad your feeling better, sounds like you had a nasty time of it. just wondering where you bought your suit and how much it did cost?

Cheers

Tribs

Out

Hi Tribs got mysuit via Dave @ Spearo. The suit cost £180 made to measure - good service with all measurements being double checked & verified, delivery took a while longer than anticipated but having got am well chuffed - worth the wait me thinks.

for those that dont know power breathe is a resistance trainer for your lungs, the device has some sort of valve that makes it difficult to breathe in which you can adjust for your needs, you use t twice a day and keep increasing the resistance. I have noticed a huge difference, things like cycling and any aerobic sport feel like I ve got an extra half litre of lung!! that is when I ve got rid of this bloody cough!!

My elios is the best investment i have ever made for my spearing. I simply cannot stress enough the difference i noticed. Last season i used a long summer surf suit... managed about 1hr 30 at the most if i was stalking slowly. Since i got my elios, i have NEVER once got out due to the cold. I now only get out if: 1).i have other things to do 2). I get bad cramp 3). The girlfriend beckons 4). I get thirsty or hungry or 5). i get nackered.

I reckon my longest dive has been around 5hrs, but i remeber that that one had to come to an end because I had to get back for a shift at work.

Seriously, its that significant. My suit was from spearo, and was a 5mm MTM, open cell int, camo nylon out, with a loading pad, and knee pads.

Fits perfectly. Also got some socks that have smoothcell ankles, so seal well with the suit.

Although I bought the suit over the winter - which made the wait much shorter, it was probably the longest 6 weeks of my life!!! Definatley don't wait till the beginnign of the season!

My buddy and I ordered our suits (the same) at the same time and began our season on 7th April.

Seriously well worth the money, and i would reccomend the bit extra on going for mtm.

Camo... not sure if it makes a difference. Definately caught more this year, and better fish, but i think that could be down to an improvement of techniques really.

Go for it!

Huw.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT