• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

My "local" freediving.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeepThought

Freediving Sloth
Sep 8, 2002
I've been asked here through PM's several times how my local diving is. My local diving usally sucks.
But 4-5 hours drive to the south, there's the Israeli city of Eilat on the shores of the Red-sea.

A few weeks ago I saw some pictures in an Israeli scuba diving forum of a diving site called "The Satil". The site we usally dive when we get to Eilat.
'Satil' means 'missile boat' in hebrew army slang.
And that's what it is, a missile boat sunk upright at 25m depth about 50-100 meters form the shore. Few lines and bouys attached making it easy to spot from the shore.
No problem spotting it from the surface, since viz is usally 25m+, 30m+ not being a rare occurance.:)

Me and my friends now think it is probably the best freediving site in Israel. There are other sites with more nature, but they lack either depth, easy access, or protection from windsurfers / jetskies / boats.

The pictures were taken by a Dany Weinberg, a scuba u/w photorapher who decided to take some pictures of one of the local freedivers - Erez Beatus.

Last edited:
Erez by the way is our local freediving legend. :)

Attachments

• 35867327.jpg
    35867327.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 495
Reactions: island_sands
Aparently I have to write something every time I post a picture.

Attachments

• 35867171.jpg
    35867171.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 497
Actually I should've started with this picture, it has more "boat" in it. :)
Also been told that the viz was really bad that day.

Attachments

• 35867093.jpg
    35867093.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 479
Now, following the various links in that forum, I came around THOSE beauties. Don't know when it was shot, but it's still in the same place.
And no, you don't see dolphins there most of the times (though it's not unheard of).

Attachments

• 15088170.dscf1556.jpg
    15088170.dscf1556.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 486
Last edited:
You would've thought that after six hundred and something posts I would've learned how to post more than one picture per post no?
Anyway, that's the last one I have for now.

Attachments

• 15088216.dscf1554.jpg
    15088216.dscf1554.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 463
hi

Michael is that you the one in the picture?

hey- that water look so clear like a drinking water

Shalom

Daniel.

Gorgeous pictures of dolphins!

They almost look like paintings.

I've got to get out of all my debt and buy a ticket to some water like this.

Outstanding. I miss the Red Sea terribly and shall return!
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Re: hi

Originally posted by neshamah
Michael is that you the one in the picture?
Originally posted by DeepThought
The pictures were taken by a Dany Weinberg, a scuba u/w photorapher who decided to take some pictures of one of the local freedivers - Erez Beatus.
I edited that sentence incase it wasn't clear enough.
That's Erez on the pictures.
I wasn't there that week, but a week after. :)

Last edited:
Beautiful dolphin pix! Just looking at 'em brings my blood pressure down a notch.

... And yeah, I miss the Red Sea, too! :)

Love the sharpness and the clarity of those photos! I went looking for a local wreck today and couldn't see more than 7 meters at times. However, These last few days we have had 20 to 30 m vis at other spots :)

Adrian

Really nice Pictures, many thanks for sharing!

I would almost guess the doplins were photoshopped in there, that sharp and crispyness, as well as the compesition, awsome!

Love, peace and water!

Kars.

Oh Yeah!!

In response to pictures of decreasing visibilty, I add these from one of our local lakes right at the surface....can you see the prey?
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Attachments

• th_140_4051_jpg.jpg
    th_140_4051_jpg.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
...and some line training (Stu).
Erik Y.

Attachments

• th_140_4043_jpg.jpg
    th_140_4043_jpg.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
Me in mono returning from 30 metres...this was taken at about 7 metres....you can imagine what it looks like at 30 :waterwork
But we love it and spear/dive as often as possible.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Attachments

• th_140_4036_jpg.jpg
    th_140_4036_jpg.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 361
Lee and his friend Riffe looking for dinner:

Erik Y.

Attachments

• th_140_4050_jpg.jpg
    th_140_4050_jpg.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 342
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT