• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

my new fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

maltaspearo

Aug 2, 2003
i just got me a pair of picasso cabonprene fins have any of you ever used them and what do you think of them if you did.i havent use mine yet but a friend of mine recomended them, so i got them. they cost me 262 euros or 323 us dollars . i just hope that they are worth the money. have any of you used them. there suppose to be really good for spearing because they are really quiet.

Reactions: Pekka
Maltaspearo,
I was interested in those fins too. I read everything I could find on them, which consisted of one person who actually tried them and wasn’t impressed, and whole lot of people curious about them but who didn’t want to spend the money until they at least heard more opinions.

I will be anxious to hear your opinions on them, and how you compare them to other fins.
Jody

They are protected by hard plastic or something more latex or neoprene like?

these are them

carboprene picasso

Attachments

• finish speargun homemade 4 rubbers.jpg
    finish speargun homemade 4 rubbers.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 788
i tried the carboprenes briefly in a pool. My experience was that they were surprisingly soft.

I also tried gara HF and picasso's carbon fin during the same session. I found that the carboprenes were not only soft, but also gave less push than the other fins. I was not impressed by their performance, and sent them back.

Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Erik

i finaly tryed my fins and am very impressed by the minimal effert needed to asend with these finns .they are really soft but are very kind to you legs. max thrust minimal effert. the only other fins iv ever used are omer millenimium competition. i found that they dont compare to picasso carboprene. very expensive but i am happy with them.

Reactions: Alison
The picasso fins are good,but not the best.Actually,the best fins are made in Spain.The CT fins by Carlos Thomas are better than c4,omer,mixub...The principal problem in other fins was that they were very to destroy.But the CT are hard and powerful.With the same energy,you can go farest than with others.They are made of carbon fiber of course.I don´t speak English very well,I´m sorry.I am Spanish.You can see this fins here:http://www.carbontek.net/aletaspesca.htm

Has anybody tried these Carbon Tek blades? The price seems good but how is the quality?

Brad

Malto,

Thanks for the information on your new fins. This is one of the few bifins I have never used. I always thought that covering a fin with neoprene was a very odd (albeit intriguing) idea. Please continue to write your findings. I'd particularly like to see how well that 'coating' absorbs a hit on the rocks. It looks very susceptible to cuts and scrapes.

....and just look at the price at PicassoAmerica!!! http://www.picassoamerica.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=3&products_id=61. Maybe this is why we haven't seen many reviews ;).

Ted

612 dollars!!! Whats next a 200$ neoprene snorkel? Improve you technique and save your money. Or cut up a thin neoprene sheet out of an old suit an glue it to your fin. Or buy two sets of C4 for the same amount.

Last edited:
:D
Well I agree with Baur. I don't see the point to buy such fins.
I got a pair of waterway blades from water for 100$. I can dive until 70 feet (20m) without any problem. Of course if you need to swim a lot I understand that you need to have some softer blade.
Anyway, enjoy your new fins and dive safe.
Olipau

Is it my imagination or what that there seems to have been a massive price hike in just about all of the products at Picasso america? their wetsuits are almost double the price of what you pay on European websites and the price of those fins is riduculous!!!. I can't imagine i's all due to the exchange rates!!

Justin

Hey, must be something wrong on your page... in NZ they cost about 300$US.

Hi,I want to build my own speargun.Where can I buy the trigger mechanism body?.Thank you.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT