• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

my new fins

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
but the thing is that my fins didnt cost me 612 dollars here in malta they cost me????????????? give me a second .i got calculate the price in american dollars......................... they work out to 320 $ us so i guess i got a realy good deal on these fins.that is strange everything is usually more expensive here in malta. thats a big difference 612 to 320. im happy

Picasso America is extremely expensive. What I've got from a Picasso dealer is that these prices include warranties and what not. Personally I don't see how prices could be doubled just because I bought it in America. Go with your Euro dive shops or better yet the Scuba Store. I bought an Apno Mimetic suit from them a few weeks ago. Cost me $178.45 US delivered from Barcelona Spain to Hilo Hawaii in 6 working days. Pretty impressive service. Oh, the suit is by far the best I've tried so far. So what about those CarbonTek fins?

Brad

What about the Mares Volo's?
I'm about to cough up for these babies, but no one seems to be talking about them!
Just got the Mares X-Vision Mask and I am impressed...

Mares volo are scuba fins if I remember correct.
Most people in this forum spearfish while freediving.
Therfore we use and talk about freediving fins. :)

Carbon tek?

Does anybody knows something about these again? By the way they are not cheaper than C4 but cammo patter and kevlar-carbon mix sounds benefit over C4:hmm

Hey R-Dub... I bought these fins a while ago. I bought them because i had no idea about spearfishing or freediving equipment (because i hadnt been on this forum yet)... Now I have invested in a no-BS stereopro fin which should be arrving anyday now!

Well, the Volo is quite comfortable and has a very nice soft push... hmm thats about it actually. If you really cannot afford anything else this fin is more for some surface swimming and in the 0 - 10 (Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax) range...

Try to get something like the standard sporasub fin... good bang for buck

Thanks SB, I've still got some time before I make a purchase, but I wanna make sure I'm not getting a dud. Every one has their personal faves, and the fins I'm using now are really short and I'm still getting down there.

Thanks!

R-Dub,

I own a pair of volos, aswell as a pair of long freediving fins.
Volos are defenetely scuba fins. They have benn designed to create sufficient push with minium effort. This basicly means that they are very easily overpowered and not very suitable for freediving.
Get yourself a pair of freediving fins.

Tuomo

Hi R-Dub
I would agree with everyone here about fins.

I bought a pair of Mares Quattro open heel fins last year cos that's what the dive centre here recommended.... They are fins, they do work. However, I really noticed the difference on Saturday when I went out with another beginner who has a pair of Esclapez blacks (long fins / full footpocket).

What can I say - difference is like chalk and cheese. If you want the right tool for the job do yourself a favour and buy some long fins.

I ordered a pair of Sporasub Dessault H. fins - yet to arrive, but the Mares fins will soon gather dust I can assure you.
Hope that helps - Ed

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT