• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

My new idea: The INVERT ROLLER

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Affertus is a great inventor and RG have potential that you don't imagine​

FOR WOODY:

We have understood that you don't like the rollers. I repeat: your opinion.
But if you want to give a constructive contribution to the discussion, i'd like to know why you consider the rollerguns like a POS.

I think that you had some experience with rollers and so you derived your opinions: What doesn't it go to their ballistics?
Me and my friends are making many experiments with the rollers. One friend of mine build a multi-roller for fishing the great fishes in the blue and he has a good feeling with it.
The roller is a very simple system with more efficiency.
PS: The tool to load is a system that simply liked to me, but it is not necessary to load, because is sufficient to make a little change to the rope and you can load as a normal speargun.

Perhaps, if you explain the motives because the rollers are not ok in your opinion, all of us can understand it.
Perhaps, if your motives are valid, you also convince me.

I am very curious to know the Wooody experience on RG

Ciao. Luciano

Reactions: Pastor
Welcome Luciano, when we're talking roller guns you must be one of the worlds experts.

Scott Merlo makes a rather nice roller gun too, it's universally accepted that he doesn't make sub standard guns. Well almost universally it seems rofl

For quite awhile I've been wanting to rollerize my Riffe MT0. What I need is a way to fabricate a new muzzle for it. My idea is to have a low profile roller integrated into the muzzle as well a a slot for a conventional band. It's gotta look cool though - I think it would be a marketable upgrade kit for the Riffe Metal Tech line if I could find a way to get a good prototype built.

Bravo affertus . You have to be very passionate to do this job as hobby (you say that you do not sale any gun) .
I want to do a roller spear gun from massaranduba (it is from deck for arround swimingpool used) . Is it ok for a speargun?
Other aspect is : it is possible to make lateral holes to make more manevrables for lateral movements? How It affect the resistence of the gun?

Thank you very much .

Damn links are all broken. Any chance of reuploading them?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Hi lawstraljan16 .... i'm still alive :D

You can found the invert rollergun in my site:
http://www.stefano-soriano.it/arbaf...ticle&id=89:invert-roller&catid=81&Itemid=498
(the site is in italian)

Some other guy, after my idea, have built invert-rollergun
This is, for example, the triton-invert roller:
1322840949.jpg

Here a video of another mono-invert rollergun:

Reactions: Vov
I dont get the design, looks complicated to make. What are the advantages over a normal rollergun?

I dont get the design, looks complicated to make. What are the advantages over a normal rollergun?

It's in principle like a compound bow. You use wheels, blocks and line to make an exchange between the wishbone and the rubber pull. It has low recoil, high power, is easy to load and the gun can be designed less bulky.

Jégwan

Reactions: lawstraljan16
Just looking at the pics makes my head hurt. It might be the pics but I juat cant see how it works. Any instructions on how go make one?

Last edited:
Will do thanks. Lol I might be in over my heas, but the idea seems cool

Whered you get them small rollers on the front end of the gun from? The invert roller is my next project!

Reactions: Jegwan
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT