• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

My new idea: The INVERT ROLLER

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
First all I see you enjoy "tinkering" with projects. No problem there.

But....just dont understand why people work with "roller" guns.

Give me a good old euro (the kind without screw on rubbers or metal wishbones) or american gun, dont care about how many bands, and I can shoot just as many fish as the next guy with these off the wall functioning guns.

Needing a "tool" to load up bands on a gun. Bad idea. :confused:

I like the good old KISS principle. Keep It Simple Stupid

Anyways just my .037 cents worth of my own opinion

I think roller guns are very cool.... I also like air guns band guns & pole spears ... I am a spearo after all!

:ban:ban:ban
First all I see you enjoy "tinkering" with projects. No problem there.

But....just dont understand why people work with "roller" guns.

Give me a good old euro (the kind without screw on rubbers or metal wishbones) or american gun, dont care about how many bands, and I can shoot just as many fish as the next guy with these off the wall functioning guns.

Needing a "tool" to load up bands on a gun. Bad idea. :confused:

I like the good old KISS principle. Keep It Simple Stupid

Anyways just my .037 cents worth of my own opinion

Everyone is free to think freely, even in a stupid manner.
If you are able to fish with a broom, do it !!!
I prefer to fish with something more evolved.

PS: If, for you KISS means : "Keep It Simple Stupid", for me it means "Keep it Sober & Significant" and I prefer what Albert Einstein said :

"everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler."

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle]KISS principle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

PS: Anyways, for you, i have a special offer : 2500,037 dollars if you desire my speargun (even if i dont sell my guns) !!!

Bye
Stefano

:ban :ban :ban :ban

CAL-T&T-300-FrenchStreetBroom.jpg

Reactions: foxfish
Sure I really never had nor have any now any bad feelings. Just having a little fun. :inlove

Still don't see why people take time on making new style guns like rollers when we already have great guns out there. That's all, just my opinion.

There are guys who spearfish and then there are spearos. Im a guy who spearfishes and he's a spearo. :D

A broom eh! There's a fish called a broomtail grouper in California and a fish called a sweep in Australia so maybe a broom could work, but of course i'd have to MODIFY it first. After all anyone and everyone has a standard broom.

Dave

First of all, i'm sorry with the site administrator if i appeared so "rude", but i do not accept the insolence in the comment.

I am open to any criticism, especially if constructive and useful to the growth.
I wanted only to answer at Woody for as it deserved after his intervention.

If he doesn't like my spearguns, nothing of badly. But the way in which he tells is that of a "pervert troller."

I don't publicize my spearguns because simply I don't sell them. I build only the spearguns for hobby and for personal use. I like only to share my ideas (good or bad that is) with the others peoples and to exchange opinions.

A suggestion however to Woody : since you spend all your time in water to spearfish, go more to sea and stay less in front the keyboard of your computer

For me the questio with Wood ends here.

I renew the excuses to the administrators

Only a last thought, considering the ask of Woody: The Mediterranean is one of the poorest seas of the world with smaller fishes in comparison to those of the oceans, but despite this my "brooms" work well enough:

1.jpg

6.jpg

leccia_serra.jpg

3.jpg

leccia.jpg

tre.jpg

3.jpg

09.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: trux
First off you dont need to prove you are a good spearo. Your spearguns show your craftsmanship. You are doing what you love to do, tinkering with new designs and guns.

The whole point in my post was to say I don't see anything special with roller guns. For that matter any kind of gun that needs a "tool" to load is also in that same category.

We all have our opinions. They are just that...."our opinions." We shouldnt bash each other because we dont like them or disagree.

As far as perverted troller goes....who knows what that is???? I didnt make the statement. I just said it was a funny statement, thats all. No pointing the fingers just silly.

I really dont want to waste anymore time on this topic. Its not worth either of our time.

You make your roller guns....

Ill continue to have the opinion they are silly....

roflroflroflroflroflroflrofl

Last edited:
What a strange thread. Well - to whomever. Its natural for inventive people to want to improve things. Of course any plain old speargun will work, but if you are into it, why not try to make it better? Roller guns make much more efficient use of their length than conventional band guns.
I also don't understand the need to be insulting. The pictures obviously show fish that have been caught with these invert roller guns. Pictures are fun to look at, and an excellent way of livening up a thread that was getting a little weird.
Affertus - Trux was not insulting you - he was insulting the guy who's insulting you.

Sheesh - sorry for shooting off my mouth - 'oldest child syndrome' - I'm always trying to fix stuff.

Beauty guns.

Reactions: azapa
I love love the guns and the passion you have for building them: don't stop! I feel sorry for those who have no manual ability and who will never understand the joys of creating something with their own hands.

Reactions: Elie succar
Holy crap! Methinks you 2 would probably get along very well face to face. The intricacies lost on the intardnet easily lead to misinterpretation.
Now if you don't mind, I have to go and club some baby harp seals, eh?

Asalamulaikum and Merry Christmas brothers.

Erik, this really brought a tear to my eye. My mom used to make the most wonderful yogurt slurry with Seal-pup brain matter...

Holy crap! Methinks you 2 would probably get along very well face to face. The intricacies lost on the intardnet easily lead to misinterpretation.
Now if you don't mind, I have to go and club some baby harp seals, eh?

Asalamulaikum and Merry Christmas brothers.

With the broom i dont tried yet to make a speargun, but i know a speargun built with a Hockey stick:
/quote]

When I used to run spearfishing.com we had a member there who built a stunning gun from a hockey stick. If I had a hat I would take it off to you guys trying out these ideas. Without people trying to do new stuff the whole human race would still be running around with a woody and a club rofl

Roller-club is the bomb, baby! Or a hockey stick. The Guy Lafleur hockey stick.

FOR WOODY:

We have understood that you don't like the rollers. I repeat: your opinion.
But if you want to give a constructive contribution to the discussion, i'd like to know why you consider the rollerguns like a POS.

I think that you had some experience with rollers and so you derived your opinions: What doesn't it go to their ballistics?
Me and my friends are making many experiments with the rollers. One friend of mine build a multi-roller for fishing the great fishes in the blue and he has a good feeling with it.
The roller is a very simple system with more efficiency.
PS: The tool to load is a system that simply liked to me, but it is not necessary to load, because is sufficient to make a little change to the rope and you can load as a normal speargun.

Perhaps, if you explain the motives because the rollers are not ok in your opinion, all of us can understand it.
Perhaps, if your motives are valid, you also convince me.

FOR OTHER GUYS:

A lot of thanks for the beautiful words and compliments about me and my spearguns. :inlove :inlove :inlove

Reactions: Pastor
Guys, I've taken down some of the more useless or negative posts here- trying to keep this on track while still respecting the differences of opinion. Humor however, has an intrinsical ability to escape unscathed. For those of you whom I didn't delete any posts, please don't take it personally, try harder and maybe you'll get lucky! :blackeye

affertus, thats a beautiful gun!, you other guns that you posted before are also very beautiful and im sure they are accurate too...keep posting them here mate....
do you have any videos of the guns in action!, you know like testing etc... that would be great to watch..
cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT