• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

My new little gun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Memo

Sep 1, 2003
Hi,

I ordered this little 82cm gun 2 weeks ago and here it is...

spec..
Omer excalibur handle
Omer 6.5mm 115cm spearshaft
Omer power 18 rubber with dyneema wishbone
Body is ordered to "esperasub" in turkey and designed for my needs. It is made in mahagony and teak. The exact lenght of barrel from the edge or rubber hole to the second notch is 82cm.

and pics...

Attachments

• dscn1207.jpg
    dscn1207.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 589
2nd

Attachments

• dscn1201.jpg
    dscn1201.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 535
3rd

Attachments

• dscn1202.jpg
    dscn1202.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 536
4th

Attachments

• dscn1203.jpg
    dscn1203.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 533
5th

Attachments

• dscn1204.jpg
    dscn1204.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 509
6th

Attachments

• dscn1211.jpg
    dscn1211.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 504
Last one

Attachments

• dscn1206.jpg
    dscn1206.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 489
So what do you think? I'll be answering the questions untill sunday evening then..... I wont be here for a looooooooong time

The barrel design looks very similar to the Acqua (Totemsub).

I like it. :D

Nice gun memo, i see that you put your choice to esperasub.

What did you paid it? With shaft, bands etc and without them?

That is one NICE looking gun, congrats on it!!!!!
I am envious looking at that verse my aluminum job....:eek: .

Hope it works as well as it looks, as I highly dought you'll be disapointed.

Hope your travels take you to amazing places and have fun,

Justin

Thanks for the compliments guys :D

Fuzz, I told the manufacturer I like the the design of totem pelagos :D so it comes with a design similar to it. the barrel has an eliptic cross section. I'll try to get some more pics to show you a clear view of it.

Murat, I need a small gun and you know I have that equipment obsession :D I go with the esperasub but I have 2 more orders still waiting for my return :D so who knows, the other woodies may be a different manufacturer. I paid a under 200euros for that setup which I think is worth every penny.

Wow, nice... Under 200€ thats pretty good!
Have fun with your new gun, I am sure you're gonna have lots of funs with it!

Have to agree its a looker, you must be pleased with it :)
Two questions please :wave
Why have you gone for the mixture of teak and mahogany? and with the gun having no top bit on the front end (sorry I dont know the proper names :eek: ) ie a hole for the spear, wont the spear have a tendency to bang around? I know it wont otherwise you wouldnt have asked for it and I have seen pictures of other guns similar; I just dont know why :confused:
Thanks
Ali :)

mahogony and teak is the manufacturer's choice so I trust in him ;) Open muzzle guns are more easier to aim and thats why I go in that way... (and I like that design aswell) The spear perfectly sit on the rail and doesnt move even a bit. :)

some more pics...

Attachments

• dscn1212.jpg
    dscn1212.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 411
You see in open muzzle gun the shaft line is wrapped around the shaft once so it holds it down, if you look closely at the pic at the top of this page you can see tha line wrapped around the shaft.

HEY MEMO, NICE ONE!!!!!!!!!!

You haven't told them about your little incident with the band tying ;)

Let them know I am sure they will have a laugh.

You will shoot lots of great fish with that little gun I can assure you.

Yes I see it, that is so cool I have really been scratching my head about that :duh

Originally posted by shaneshac
HEY MEMO, NICE ONE!!!!!!!!!!

You haven't told them about your little incident with the band tying ;)

Let them know I am sure they will have a laugh.

You will shoot lots of great fish with that little gun I can assure you.

Dont say a word Memo, keep us guessing :D

Well here is my little story fellas :D

2 or 3 days ago, I was tying the 16mm bands on my other gun. I went to the spearfishing store at that morning and bought some 2mm kevlar rope for that purpose ;)

I rushed to home with the thought of making great and super strong knots and get all my tying stuff to my working room! I waxed the rope, place the constrictor knot andfix one end of the rope to the huge marble desk :D . You know upto that point everything was fine but the greed to place the best knot captured me immediately! I put the working gloves on tie the other end of the rope to the handle of hammer and begin pulling and tightening the knot! As I was going slightly insane by the tought of an unbreakable knot, I placed one of my foot to the desk and began pumping to create a "perfect" knot. all of a sudden I heard the sound BAAAAAAAAAAANG!!!!!!!! and I really cant remember the upcoming 5mins in that story! Apperantly the 2mm kevlar line broke from the middle of the knot and I flew over the goose decoys landing on my neck :D :D

now I'm wearing a helmet ;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT