• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

My new SeaTec TRB Gabbiano 100!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

LutzSpearo

Aug 26, 2004
Hey all. I received my new speargun from Mikko several weeks ago, but have finally got the time to post about it. I never even knew about this gun until someone else asked about it on this website. So after doing some research and talking with some folks, I decided it would be a nice addition to my arsenal. I decided on 100cm to use when vis isn't so great, and to use around the piers we dive frequently. I got a reel with it too, so I don't have to drag a float/line through all those beams and stuff under the piers. I gotta say, it is very lightweight, even out of the water. It is true what they say about being able to hold it in the water with just your finger and thumb on the grip and it holds straight with no effort. And it tracks faster than any other European style gun I've used. I have a 20mm band on it, and I am surprised at the power it produces, I guess because the shaft is so slender (6.35 I think?). But it has great penetration at range. I shot a 5 lb coral trout last weekend from a range of 15 feet, and the shaft went right through him. I got 2 wraps on it, against Mikko's recommendation, and the extra mono is a pain in the ass sometimes, but I like the extra available range. And the shaft retains its power the whole way out. It came with a reel which I had spooled with dynema, but I haven't mounted it yet due to lack of crimpers etc. But I will solve that this week. I replaced the articulated wishbone with dynema, and filed down the notches a bit. Honestly, I missed the first few fishies I shot at, but like all new guns it takes a while to get used to the way they shoot. I've got it down now, and it is very accurate. I shot a nice black and white snapper from ten feet while it was swimming up and away from me, providing me with a very slim profile, but I nailed him anyway. I have to say, now that I've used it enough, it is consistently extremely accurate. I really love this gun, I will definetly keep it as long is it is serviceable. Here is a picture of it with some other guns my dive partner and I use.

Alright, I'm not new to this...so what am I doing wrong??? A little help from an administrator or something?

Hey Lutz... can you PM it to me, or send it to my email... ill try to post it :p
Didnt you recently get a Rabitech??

Ok, I think it will work this time. Yeah, I bought a Rabi about 2 months ago, I love it too!

Attachments

• Motubu.JPG
    Motubu.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 255
  • Onna.JPG
    Onna.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 269
  • Seatec Gabbiano.JPG
    Seatec Gabbiano.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 376
  • Tools of the Trade.JPG
    Tools of the Trade.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 317
Reactions: Mr. X
Alright! The seatec is the second gun from the left. The other pics are me looking retarded, with some fish I shot last weekend with it.

pics

Ok, here is the handle, trigger, line release and muzzle. The line release design is kind of unique, at least I'VE never seen one like this before.

Attachments

• Line Release.JPG
    Line Release.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 362
  • Muzzle.JPG
    Muzzle.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 384
  • Trigger and Handle.JPG
    Trigger and Handle.JPG
    167.6 KB · Views: 359
Hi Matt,

Great to hear that you are happy with your purchase!:)
Folks, please note that this gun has been modified at our store.
Modifications include:
-Double wrap 1.5mm mono
-Snapclip with swivel
-Muzzle bungee

These wee adjustments improve this gun no end.

Nice fish!

Cheers,
Mikko

Lutzspero,

The band/shaft setup you have is very accurate and long range...I know from personal experiance but from balistic point of view 2 wraps for this setup is useless....One wrap already gives you enough accurate effective range, more shooting line is just worthless hassle...

Thanks for the tip Murat. I am considering taking it down to one wrap...
Do you have one of these? I really like mine. If I broke it or lost it tomorrow, I would defintely buy another one to replace it.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT