• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

my next piece of hunting equipment...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rigdvr

Not Available in Stores
May 28, 2002
Well I found my next purchase....if I win the lottery:D This Saturday I was asked to take a group fishing on a 2001 61' Viking sportfish. It has a pair of 1300hp Mann's and CRUISES at a cool 33 knots. The weather was terrible with north winds at 25+ knts. I wanted to stay at the dock but the owner insisted and what the heck, I needed the money.

As we left the protection of the Mississippi Sound, I prepared for the inevitable beating as the waves were 7' with a 3 second interval...can you say stupid:head ? But I never had to touch the throttles. We cruised comfortably(kinda:cool: ) at 31 knots in that crazed chop. I had been with the owner on his previous 54 Bertram and we would have turned around.

To make a long story ....well, less long, we made our way 50 miles offshore, caught a limit of red snapper, and were back at the dock by 1:00pm(we didnt leave until 7:00).

Any spearo out there want to pony up the 2.5 or so million that it would take to get a used one like it let me know b/c I know a good captain for hire as well...

I hear ya on that one Rig. Here's a bone-headed move for you. I wish I was exagerating. But, a few months ago, Perry Mason (Montero) and I went out in my 17' in 5-7':naughty . The early moring was not so bad, but by mid-day we were getting large sevens and believe me I nearly crapped by speedos:D

And to top it off, this was right when the boat started to give me some trouble and I knew I had to repair and replace a few parts. I guess they don't call us "Crazy Cubans" for nothing, although on this day we were probably a pair of "Stupid Cubans".

This is what happens when your passion for the sport outweighs reason and common sense:t

for real real;)

taking it back out again tommorrow and I cant wait...:cool:

What kind of beast is it?

I thought only power boats has that much power... How fast (mile/hour) it can go captain? :t

61 ft. Viking Sportfish yacht.
cruise speed 33kts
max spead 40kts
price - $2,000,000+(used):waterwork

For 2.000.000 dollars i preffer Mc Lauren F1 or Enzo:D (even after few dollars will left for me :D )

Forgive my ignorance but what 40 kts reffers in mp/h or km/h?:eek:

a "knot" is a "nautical mile per hour". A nautical mile is 1.15 regular miles so 40 knt is 40 x 1.15 or 46 miles per hour!

Dont even ask about fuel...:hmm

Hehee.... If you have EXTRA 2.000.000 for boat, i don't think fuel economy will bother you:D

BTW i heard those powerboats can do more than 300 km/hr = 180 miles/hr..:cool: Once you loose the control, its not powerboat anymore, its powerplane:D ! ! !

what does it run on? ether?
btw, rig, the new avatar is bomb!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT