• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

My SCUBA Diary - A Lightweight Logbook for Your Dives

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

petmal

Nov 5, 2018
Hi there!

I would like to introduce you to My SCUBA Diary - a lightweight logbook software I created as a result of my search for one providing a simple user interface, comprehensive search and statistical features and support for various dive computer models.

My SCUBA Diary - A Lightweight Logbook for Your Dives

My SCUBA Diary is completely free and open source. I hope some of you may find it useful and if so, I will be immensely happy.
If you have any comments, suggestions or would even like to contribute to this little thingy, please feel warmly welcome.

Wishing you all many safe and enjoyable dives!

Petr :p

P.S.
Feel free to use our issue tracker...

A few tips & tricks on how to work with My SCUBA Diary

Installation

• When running on Windows make sure you also have Visual C++ 2010 Libraries installed before trying to download dives from a dive computer.
    The architectures (i.e. 32-bit/64-bit) of Java, Visual C++ Libraries and My SCUBA Diary must all match for dive download to work.
    That is, if you have 64-bit Java (which should be pretty standard by now) also use 64-bit versions of Visual C++ and My SCUBA Diary.

Usage

• Add a new user in the login window. You can also start by playing with the sample 'John Doe' user first. Check the 'Remember' box to skip the login screen next time. You can always get back from the main window (User -> Change User).

• Download dives straight from your dive computer (User -> Download Dives) or import existing logs from Suunto Dive Manager or another user (User -> Import).

• Select a dive to see details and profile (if any) or select multiple dives to see statistics and the SAC (surface-air-consumption) trend for the selected dives. Note that in order for a dive to display SAC rate it must include used-pressure data and have a cylinder assigned.

• Select multiple dives by holding Shift or Ctrl while selecting. Select all dives with Ctrl+A shortcut.

• Add new 'gear' items (i.e. buddies, cylinders, gases, sites) to your repositories (Gear menu). Assign them to selected dive or multiple dives (at least one dive must be selected) by choosing an item and clicking the 'Select' button in the repository window. Selecting '[none]' will remove the currently assigned item from the selected dive(s).
    Use the 'Filter repository' box to quickly search the existing items.
    Changes to an existing item (Edit) will automatically propagate to all dives with the given item attached.
    Deleting a repository item will also remove it from all dives. Deleting a dive computer (Device) will delete all dives associated with that device.

• Add notes to a dive by simply typing into the box on the detail panel.
    Add rating by selecting 1-3 stars (*) on the same panel. Remove the rating by clicking the currently selected value.

• Delete a selected dive(s) by hitting the 'Delete' key. Deleting a dive will not delete associated items from your repositories.

• Filter your dives quickly (on dive title) by using the 'Filter dives' box at the bottom of the logbook list.
    This filter also accepts special tags including (example using metric units):
+deco => only decompression dives
-deco => only no-decompression dives
+/-30m => only dives deeper/shallower than 30m
+/-15min => only dives longer/shorter than 15min
+/-yyyy-mm => only dives after/before a given date
+/-10°C => only dives with bottom temperature above/below 10°C
+/-2* => only dives with rating higher/lower than 2*​
  • Using the search window (Logbook -> Search) will allow you to perform more complex searches. Dives matching the criteria will be automatically selected in your logbook.

• Edit an existing dive (Logbook -> Edit Dive) details or add a brand new dive (Logbook -> Add Dive). You may edit a dive to correct or add missing data (e.g. used pressure value).

• Customize the units of measure, date format and export formats (Application -> Settings).
    You can define your own HTML templates used for printing (Logbook -> Print) and exporting to PDF (Logbook -> Export to PDF). See help (Application -> Help) for more information on templates.

• Exported My SCUBA Diary user database (User -> Export) can be imported (User -> Import) by another user. Importing dives will also import all associated repository items. [In order to import other user’s repositories just import the entire database and delete the imported dives]
    The exported database can be also restored as a new user from the login screen. The restored user will be given username same as the name of the imported file (i.e. <username>.db). It will completely replace any existing user with matching username.

• See help (Application -> Help) for more information.
Enjoy!
clear.png
clear.png
:giggle:

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT