• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Mythos or Big Eyes?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

albroc

Mar 23, 2004
I've narrowed my search down to these 2 masks. I've seen a few negative posts on the Big Eyes frame cracking but generally very good posts on the Mythos. Apparently Aqualung prohibits their dealers from selling on the web and if you do purchase this way warranty will be void. I have seen both masks for sale on the web for similar prices. Retail store ~ $70 for each, web ~$35 + shipping for each. Can anyone share any experience or suggestions on which way I should go? Thanks in advance for replies!

i would recommend Big Eyes. i had a pair of those and i still would had it not been for my little bro- long story- they are very good. Good luck with your mask

big eyes mask is good , i dont know about mythos (personally i would say i prefer x-vision (mares) )

Funnily enough I have both...

The Big Eyes is a new acquisition though and it seems a better quality mask than the Mythos.

The nose pocket on the Big Eyes seems smaller than the Mythos and for that reason it is slightly less comfortable. I guess I have a big nose...

I love my Bigeyes. I use it for Scuba and Freediving. the only mask I use when spearfishing. I routinely freedive it to 90ft and although it's not the smallest mask it is low enough volume to make a good 30m mask for freediving to. love it!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT