• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Name Game

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rigdvr

Not Available in Stores
May 28, 2002
Similar to Svens wonderful caption contest...which still has me laughing...I will be holding a contest of my own. I am in the process of naming a new boat and will entertain all ideas. The best name will be placed for all to see on the stern of the new vessel imortalizing the winner...you will also recieve a lifetime of trips with me to go hunting!:D (airfair and taxes not included...)
Anyway here is my frontrunner this far..."TEAM SPEARIT"
rofl

OK Rig here are 3 for starters

SS Impaler
Fish Stick
Spear no Evil

Good plan i'm sure you'll come up with a great name this way:)

Buenos Suerte, Guy

How about

............Riffe-Ded
............1Shot1Fish
............ Penetrator (ooops )
............ DigMyRig
............ Smell-My-Soot ( If ur boat is a 30+ knot cruise )
............ Kiss-My-Stern ( same-same )
............ Fish-4-Meat

I'll be back

I've always been partial to, "The Office".

Here's a story... back in the early 80's when I was building boats, I put together a really strong package for a guy that really knew what he wanted. The 32' Radon had a 3412 Caterpillar diesel in it that just rumbled and throbbed at idle and would pull the damnedest lods with flair and no fuss. Real sweet rig. The trouble came when he wanted the thing painted blue. His son was named Robin. Robin Blue.

Well, we launched it and did the usual christening party to the wee hours. Some of his more sober friends(?) got in a skiff with a can of paint and renamed it...yep, Throbbin Blue. rofl The next day, still not noticing, someone else added "Veiner". I'll let the reader do the math...

My personal boats were named "Never Satisfied", though the one in the works will revert back to Icarus Prospector.

sven

Sultan,

Good to hear ur a senior boat guy. Will need ur advice someday. Just curious Sven, how does that 32' track on a straight course with a single 3412 which even in the early 80' must have been pumping out like 800 horses at pleasure craft rating. I mean with all the prop torque going clockwise ?..must be a planing hull at the kind of power. I never had experience with single engine planing hull....... been always testing twin inboard straight shaft set up at those power levels. Single engine been always displacement hulls. Want to help me out ?

Thanks,
IYA

Hers is one I have always liked, thought I'd share it.

"KEEPN' IT REEL"

See ya!!!!!

My favorite boat name was on an ab boat in Santa Barbara in the 70's but, too obscene to print here. One name that I always thought appropriate and I can't remember where it was...MISTEAK. You must have a twisted sense of humor though.

Aloha
Bill
P.S. For anyone who doesn't massacre the English language natively, it might be easier to think of a sign on the office wall that reads....Thimk.

since spearfishing is a bit of a bloodthirsty sport, how about:

DEMETER

:D

Originally posted by Bill
My favorite boat name was on an ab boat in Santa Barbara in the 70's but, too obscene to print here.
Aloha
Bill

What was the boat, Bill? I probably know it. PM me.

sven

Probably not very exciting , but since I normally just float with the current my boat is named "Drift ":hmm

Originally posted by Iyadiver
Sultan,
Just curious Sven, how does that 32' track on a straight course with a single 3412 Want to help me out ?
Thanks,
IYA

Radon hulls are variable displacement planing hulls; they use a series of steps, chines, to increase the deadrise of the hull and as the boat comes out of the water and power is increased, the boat rides on the steps until it's fully planing on the keel pad.

At least that's the way they're supposed to run. The 24' was and is probably the most forgiving hull around, and sadly they're no longer in production. The 27 is probably my favorite in terms of stability, ride and space, but it's a slug unless you really throw the juice to it, and there go he profits. The 32 is just a big, comfy limo that will take on anything, anywhere.

These days after some family and political infighting, the Radon hull is being built by a couple of outfits including the son of the founder, and a longtime licensee. www.radonboats.com and www.davisboats.com

These boats were made in Santa Barbara, where Bill knows them from, Morro Bay, CA; Pt. Townsend, WA; in Hawaii and in Singapore. I've been looking for a 24/27bare hull, or a Radon boat in need of TLC as a project boat for years. Anyone knows of one, let me know.

I used to set the 32's up with 3208 Cats and Twin Disc transmissions to a 22" wheel and Capillano hydraulic steering and rarely had a problem with any excessive wheel torque and they tracked fine. And fast for their size and weight.

sven

Here are some of my favorites

Death Come 4 U, Black Angel, Death Angel,Blood Crews Muahahah sounds like horror movie.May be Haven`s Hand, Ticket to Heaven, Land to Sea, since you are in USA it may be Take Me Atlantic, Tuna Hunter, I`ll Be There..., such and etc.... so on....

Hope it helps

Thanks 4 the Info

Sven,

I'll be damned, this Radon guy is the one who designed the Innovator, must be the 31'. I met an informal salesman for Innovator yachts in either very late 80's or very early 90's, he was based in Bali and wanted to buy a 31 for himself to do charter fishing in Bali. He was trying to sell to my friend the Innovator 42, thus the commission is for his downpayment. The deal did not go tru but I remembered one of the 42 was powered by 680xMAN and that is huge power in those days. Top speed was 38 knots, this 42 name is I think "Kona" something and was sold to Hawaii. I think the last time ( years ago ) I read Sportfishing mag, this boat was available for charter in Hawaii. I think only 2 of the 42 ever sold/built.

That Davis boats I never heard too, I know the North Carolina Davis Boat Works. Basically I know more of the East Coast builders.

I love boats so much I am now an Ocean Yacht dealer for my country,thru their international main dealer.....I do it for the fun. Never make any money from this brand though. Sold one 48' in 1996, exchanged the entire commission to my buyer friend so that he buys the 48...that's how I get the dealership. Sold one used 1995 53' in 1997 to a best friend, also no money made but I get free ride the entire boat life.... the boat I been spearing from.

I realy envy the US boat market. Twice visiting Miami boat show is more than enough facts. Of all small inboards boats I tested, the Blackfin 29 is the best hull I ever tried. The Luhrs 29 is the garbage. Dying to test great hull like the Radon.

Anyway thanks a lot for the info. Will keep Radon in mind if the sales opportunity arises.

IYA

Hey Rig here is few I will throw in

1. Spearos chariot
2. Spearfishers chariot
3. Spearfishers gunboat
4. Spearfishing juggernaut

I know they sounds stranger but what the hell

Blade Out

here are some more:

spear-slinger
pez stoner
better wetter
just add water
stone shot
shafted
trigger me timber
lock'n load

my favorites:
3. slip stream
2. fluid moments
1. wet intentions

aquiles's and my boat is named "james' addiction" since our co. is 2james(we both have james in our formal names). :)

again, good luck. a boat name is pretty personal. :cool:

andrsn

By the time this is over I will be able to name a fleet....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT