• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

national records

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rubberpag

Apr 13, 2003
hi everybody,

this is my first post in the forum.
i 'm surfing the net for 2 hours now, and i can't possibly find anything about italian national records; not in the aida website, not in the italian websites (looks like they go on and on talking about jb's and cubes, and ignore anything else other than cmas).

i would be interested in knowing the italian female record in cw, but aida website is ignoring me when i click on "italy" the page about national records. does that mean that aida is not operative in italy? or that i'm just dumb?

anyone have an idea?

cheers,

rubberpag

interesting question. is there nobody who knows the italien (whatever organisation) records?
i find that hard to believe, so please post it.

cheers

roland

Since my website Apnea Magazine is the only one in Italy who provide information on freediving, I can assure you that we do inform our readers on event organized by AIDA, FREE, CMAS, IAFD, IBF etc... I guess we're the only e-magazine providing a complete information on all freediving activities.

Of course on our discussion forum you find many 3ds on JB or national competitions because our national team compete in dynamic and JB with CMAS and not with AIDA.
There's no AIDA in Italy, and probably will never be.

Joefox

PS The CB record should be 59 meters set by Rossana Maiorca between 1991 and 1993.

Creed that is opportune to remember that she was the first athlete of the apnea to use the monofin. It was trained from Bizzotto Franco, trainer of Finnswimming. You will be able to notice that the Italian records of dynamics have not been approve of from the CMAS in how much the regulations to you of the valid test for the International contests are differente.In apneamagazine.com will find all records Italian and International of ALL the organizations. The E-zine di Joefox makes information and not disinformation. Someone makes of the irony on the Italians and forgets the value about same and the number of the participants to the contests that Italy can count. Italy alone door to the contests how much all the participants to the contests of the AIDA in the world... Meditated! Hello

joefox

thanx for the info on cb. would you mind posting dynamic and static as well?

very much appreciated

roland

hi joefox,

as i said, i've been reading on apneamagazine and fipsas websites, and i didn't find any mention about italian freediving records. so after all it was as i thought initially: i must be dumb.
i checked again, and again i didn't find anything. would you maybe tell me where i can find that page?

i found on aida website, though, on the list of worldrecord holders, the maiorca sisters on some cw worldrecords. but then, if aida is not recognized in italy, and rossana was diving under aida, how come that she's the italian recordholder? to me it doesn't make much sense. maybe somebody can explain.

another interesting thing i found (on apneamagazine) is the page on the jump blue and cw comp in siracusa, and, what i understood, but please, correct me if i'm wrong, is that who can participate are only those athletes who's been competing in all the others pool comps during the season.
why don't you just allow freedivers to go to whichever competition they feel like going, just like everywhere else?
but, as i said, i'm not really sure i got it right, so joefox, feel free to correct me.

so, final question. if an italian freediver wants to set a national record on wichever discipline, how he would do it? which one organization he would have to go to?

thanx for the replies,

rubberpag

Rubberpag,

we consider the italian record certified by FIPSAS, which is the National Federation recognized by the Italian national olympic commettee CONI, which is also a statal institution.

I'm not sure, but I guess the Maiorca sisters never met an AIDA judge ;-) if you find their records on the AIDA website it's because they probably give credit to the atheltes? I don't know, you should ask them. If you do, please ask them about the 1995 record of Nicola Brischigiato (dynamic, 155 meters): did AIDA judges attend that event, too?

You're right on the national champioship: only people who attended the indoor champ can compete. This makes sense if you consider that in Italy we had a dozen of local competitions which selected the best athletes... in Italy we have many athletes and we need to make a selection for the championship. Anyway, these are choices of the Italian Federation (FIPSAS), not mine.

If an italian freediver wants to set a national record, he must go for FIPSAS.

Regarding the records in dynamic and static, I can tell you that the national record in dynamic was set by Monica Barbero in July: 167,40 meters in 50 meter pool.

The same day, Gaspare Battaglia set the men record: 165,60 (so less than girls)

In static I'm not sure. I guess the national record for men should be 7':14'' of Giuliano Marchi (set during the national championship in 2003)... regarding the girls, the record might be Consuelo Valoppi's 5':40" (during the national champ. 2003 as well).

Joefox

There was the Italian CB Champ yesterday, and Ilaria Molinari made it to 60 meters, which should be the new national record.

Joefox

Giorgio,
Who oganizes the CB event, FISPAS or is it independent?

Adrian

First of all: the judges downloaded the datas from the computer and after that gave 59 meters to Ilaria Molinari (which is still the national record).

CB championship is organized by FIPSAS. In Italy we also have Apnea Academy, and they've been organizing independant comps for a while. This year AA created a club called Apnea Academy Competition and affiliated the club to the Federation, so now AAC organizes comps which are also FIPSAS comps. At the moment, most of Italian freedivers compete in CB, JB, static and dynamic under FIPSAS/CMAS rules.

Apnea Academy (which is not the same as Apnea Academy Competition) organizes independant CB, Static and dynamic comps open to everyone, like the Trofeo Città di Andora (25/09).

Joefox

Last edited:
well, what a good timing!
the record broken after what, 11 years? of nothingness, on the very same week we're talking about that!

congratulations to ilaria!
it's quite a shame that italian freedivers are not training much in constant and don't go to international comps.
(jrgian, dont' get upset, now!)

cheers.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT