• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Natural Wetsuit Lube?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I have wanted to make some natural lube for a long time -- especially a powder which can be mixed with sea water, so you can carry lots of lube in a lightweight package, for airplane traveling or long kayaking voyages.

I still don’t quite get the spearfishing wetsuits. I’m sure there is some function I’m not aware of in cold water that makes the design necessary but in warm water I have thin spearfishing suit and old surfing suits. Much prefer the surf suits. If the surf suits had integrated hood it would be full no brainer. Why do they need to be two piece? I don’t get the diaper thing at all.

Two piece simply seals around the neck better and is more flexible in the neck. A split neck has to be much more complicated to seal well and not be a cold water scoop for the higher speed freediver, to do both it chokes. A good wetsuit without fabric does not flush water at all which is critical for cold water. Surfing suits have fabric to be more durable and less dense neoprene for flexibility, this does not do well for low exertion warmth retention and compresses a lot at depth. There are many ways to hold the pants up and top down, the diaper is simply the cheapest and easiest to manufacture.

Reactions: DiveHacker
Two piece simply seals around the neck better and is more flexible in the neck. A split neck has to be much more complicated to seal well and not be a cold water scoop for the higher speed freediver, to do both it chokes. A good wetsuit without fabric does not flush water at all which is critical for cold water. Surfing suits have fabric to be more durable and less dense neoprene for flexibility, this does not do well for low exertion warmth retention and compresses a lot at depth. There are many ways to hold the pants up and top down, the diaper is simply the cheapest and easiest to manufacture.
That makes sense. Even with what you say though it still would seem to be for warm water suits diaper is not the best design. Maybe cheaper for them because they already have the manufacturing process down, but not better for us imo.

The best wetsuit I ever had was a one piece rip curl surf suit that had no zipper. I think people had trouble getting them on and they discontinued the design. I’m very flexible and could barley get it on. I wish there was a diving suit like this available for warm water, but with a hood, I know it’ll never happen. But it was a beautiful, comfortable and warm suit. The diapers are so uncomfortable I seriously do not even know how people do it.

I’m sure there is some function I’m not aware of in cold water that makes the design necessary but in warm water I have thin spearfishing suit and old surfing suits.

mobdro 2022

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT