• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Need 2 know about Amberjack....

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Mr Rig,
I'll shoot a 100 pounder. even if I have to loose my gun. I been wanting to ask you on rig diving, since you place ur name a Rigdiver, I assume you do lots of rig dives.

To me rig is one of the best fish heaven ( not all the time but most of the time ), highest capita per square meter area. How come I see that people in the US ( maybe some other countries too ) are allowed to hunt on the offshore oil rigs. I did like 50 dives on a few rigs years ago and one day the security guys came over on their patrol boat and that was it. We never dare to come back.

I was told by some oil people that the rig owners do not want to face any liability from accidents occuring in their rigs on divers. How come in the US you guys are allowed ? I mean US, is a known heaven for "I sue you, you sue me " things:D :D. Why are the rig owners not worried ? I read that even a jail bird sued the jail for allowing himself to fall & break his leg when he was trying to escape from the jail, yeah, the court didn't favor the jail bird but at least they entertain the lawsuit, I find it amazing. In here a jail bird running away will be lucky if the guards don't break alll his bone in the body:duh .

Tell me the secret so that I can speak the same to my local oil rig operators cause most are American owned.

Thanks-Thanks
IYA

rigs

around here the rig owners are just as horrible as us fish assasins to people like peta! Actually rig devlopers need the angling communities support . In the US boating...fishing in particular is a multi billion dollar industry, and with dollars comes some degree of power. They actually considered closing the rigs to fisherman following Sept. 11 but after the angling community found out that idea died quickly. You are absolutely right about the fish populations on the rigs...mother nature has never built a reef that can compare! :D All I know is if oil companies didn't allow us near their structures they would have a hard time getting support for the construction of new ones. I feel sorry for others who can't dive them...i can not imagine seeing them and not being able to dive them.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT