• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Need French speaking person!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

donmoore

Aug 19, 2002
Would someone who speaks French well, help me? I am trying to purchase some Paradisia nose clips from Bernard Chabannes and we can’t understand each other. He tried to give me his e-mail address because apparently he can read and write English better than speak it, but I just couldn’t understand him enough to get the address correct.

The e-mail address on his web page is no longer working and he has another one.

Please PM me and I will give you his phone number. I’ll reimburse you for the phone call.
Many Thanks,
don

he has another email address?
<<The e-mail address on his web page is no longer working and he has another one. >>

if you give it to me i'll email him for you. can't call.. as i am living in maldives:)

donmoore said:
Would someone who speaks French well, help me? I am trying to purchase some Paradisia nose clips from Bernard Chabannes and we can’t understand each other. He tried to give me his e-mail address because apparently he can read and write English better than speak it, but I just couldn’t understand him enough to get the address correct.

The e-mail address on his web page is no longer working and he has another one.

Please PM me and I will give you his phone number. I’ll reimburse you for the phone call.
Many Thanks,
don

As far as I can see, your post pleads for the opening of a French speaking section...

As a coincidence I just proposed it a week ago !

Hi Subaquaticus

You say there is a big demand for a French speaking forum. If there is a big demand for something, somebody will quickly fill that demand.

English is now the international language, the reason that if you and your countrymen want to speak on an international forum like this, you need to be able to speak English.

I understand that French used to be the international language and that the French are upset that their language is no longer accepted and as reported here in Australia the French Education Department did try and may have succeeded in banning English as a second language in schools.

The way to go foward is not backwards and if the French want to join in with the international community learning English will be a must.

Having said that, I envy people that can speak more than one language and especially admire you who's master of the English language is probably better than mine.

With the World Wide Web it begs for a common language and my prediction is that in about ten years the majority of people in developed countries will be able to read and write English, although may not speak it well.

DB has allowed as far as I have seen, posts in a foreign language and only one has been removed. Could French DB members post in French and you translate it for them and us. This way they would learn the English equivalent and maybe include some English in their next post.

Perhaps Papa Smurf will allow a special deal with you in respect for the pioneering work done by the French in Scuba Diving.

I wouldn't if I was Papa Smurf but he's a nicer guy than me.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT