• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

need help with fins!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

harpune1

Harpunetti
Apr 8, 2004
whats the best or the right way to work fin blades back into the footpocket? (omer, sporasub)

need help
thx!!

well, as with my specialfins i just slid them into the footpecket until I saw the holes of the footpecket get inline with the holes of the blade I then put the screwdrivers in and then put the rails into place (and clicked the holders in that come with OMER footies)

Voila... Its not that hard really, it took me 10 mins to get it right when i recieved mine, and I had no exprerience with Omer or Spora footies whatsoever...

Good Luck

yes but i have problems with putting the rails on

do omer blades fit spora pockets, and reverse?

Originally posted by harpune1
yes but i have problems with putting the rails on

do omer blades fit spora pockets, and reverse?

They fit into each other, for the most part. I little DIY may be needed to really get em solid.

To put those rails on, grab a rail and bend it back (180 deg) towards the pocket. Take a look at what it did to the groove in the rubber.....much wider now. That groove will be widest at the apex of the bend. Use this phenomenom to make life easy on yourself. Continually bend that rail back and slide it on the fin blade at that 'wide' spot. Keep bending and inching......this should turn your multi-minute wresting match into a lickedy-split-second-thing.

Reactions: Alison
I used Olive oil as a lubricant, Ive also used dish soap, both have worked well. I have to remove my blades often for travel purposes. Bear in mind you have to be cautious in their removal , often I have been too aggressive and have almost begun a tear in the side rails. A side note: Im sure you are aware but for those who arent, using a petroleum product as a lubricant will facilatate break down of the rubber side rails.

Anthony

Harpune1, I don't know if you have this product in Austria, but it works great. It's called "Armor All", and it's an automotive product that is used to protect vinyl/rubber and also make them shiny. I'm sure there's a similar product over there at an auto supply store.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

WHOA!!

HEY WAITAMINUTE!!

With much love and due regard to my guy, Erik, the last thing you want to use as a lube to install blades is a petroleum based or oriented lube such as Armor All!! :rcard :rcard The lArmor All will certainly let the rails slide in and all that, but youy're going to play absolute Hell in getting the stuff off and keeping the blades in, especially if you have any wear on the rails of the footpockets. Armor All needs a vigorous and thorough cleaning with solvents that will in turn chew your rubber footpockets.

Go smooth and use the same suitlube you use to get into your suit- half hair conditioner and half water. First time you use them, the lube washes off and you're good.

I insert/remove the blades from the foot pocket exactly the way Ted decribed it. That's also how they showed me in the store where I bought them. It makes putting/removing the rails part quite fast and easy.
Puting the blade itself into place takes a little more patience, But still, I have done it probably over half a dozen of times and I didn't think even once of using a lube for that.
My lack of creativity or your dirty minds? ;)

unirdna's, tip works like a charm.

You don't need lubricants, or anythign else.

rofl @ DeepThoughts's "My lack of creativity or your dirty minds?" rofl

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT