• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Nemrod Falcon Speargun Help.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Hait2

May 22, 2015
Hello everyone!

I am quite interested in spearfishing but I have never tried it. I always knew my late uncle (who I have never met) was an avid spearfisher and liked to go on spearfishing trips in the Red Sea. I managed to find his speargun which is a Nemrod Falcon. However, I can't seem to understand its mechanism, can someone please explain to me how to operate it?

Like this one?
falcon-mini.jpg

Yes! Here it is:
Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 6.45.07 PM.png

These strings are also attached to the speargun, as well as the spring:

Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 6.44.46 PM.png

However, the tip of the spear looks like this:

Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 6.45.02 PM.png

Attachments

• 11294497_10152793695492051_2065928647_o.jpg
    11294497_10152793695492051_2065928647_o.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 165
Looks like the same Falcon Nemrod I've been rocking since I started Spearing about a year and a half ago.

Mine is lacking all the lines, and I'm assuming some of those lines would be float lines or something similar. And one would be your shooting line that attaches to a ring on the spear/shaft or bolt (depending what you wanna call it) and then attaches to the muzzle of the gun below where the band's attach.

over the year and a half I've aquired a couple other guns (JBL Explorer 22, Nautisub Stubby, Pole Spear) and habe to say my early 1970s Falcon Nemrod Medium is my Favriot go to gun for where I spear fish. Mostly fast flowing fresh water rivers and streams.

Here is a link to the gun manual in question
http://1drv.ms/1LfkV8r
in this attached link you can see a manual of this speargun. This model was produced from 1971 till 1979.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Besides the Cressi Pole Spear the Falcon Nemrod Medium gets the most use. Was trial and error finding a band that made this gun preform perfectly for my application. Shoots better than by JBL Explorer 22, and loads in a fraction of the time.
uploadfromtaptalk1438194634349.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1438194767806.jpg

Also the tip of the spear can be removed. Counter clockwise to remove and clockwise to tighten it. Use a pair of vice grips to grasp the shaft to prevent damage to the trigger mechanism. Also make sure to change your shooting line... looks like the same shooting line equipped on mine which I'm assuming was original. Nelly lost mine a few trips again when it failed and snapped. And I'm not sure where one would aquire abother shaft for a Nemrod Gun.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT