• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Neopren socks 7mm coldwater

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jochen.marx

Nov 2, 2021
Hi!
I am looking for Neopren socks in 7mm thickness, as I freedive in 0-4 C cold water. I tested several models, but all of them have no sealed seams, so that cold water comes in. I have perfektly sealed 7mm lobster gloves which keep my hands nearly dry and warm. Thats what I want for my feet too! But up to now, I could not find that.
Does anybody know sealed socks for cold water diving?
Thank you for recommendations!

Hi!
I am looking for Neopren socks in 7mm thickness, as I freedive in 0-4 C cold water. I tested several models, but all of them have no sealed seams, so that cold water comes in. I have perfektly sealed 7mm lobster gloves which keep my hands nearly dry and warm. Thats what I want for my feet too! But up to now, I could not find that.
Does anybody know sealed socks for cold water diving?
Thank you for recommendations!
I've never heard of sealed socks, but are the types you are trying open cell inside? The water I dive in winter is not as cold as you, about 7'c, but with 5mm open cell inside the socks I never feel a thing.

I've never heard of sealed socks, but are the types you are trying open cell inside? The water I dive in winter is not as cold as you, about 7'c, but with 5mm open cell inside the socks I never feel a thing.
Sounds nice. What company are they from?

I could see 7mil socks being nice at 0 Deg C but surprised it would be needed. I use lined 5 mil socks and gloves for 4 Deg C diving all the time and have no issues. Omer Spider socks are nice with taller ankles but any sock that fits well can be sealed with plastidip or a type of neoprene glue. I spray on a band of plastidip at the top of my socks to help seal with the suit but doesn't keep them perfectly dry. Keep in mind, if you end up diving very deep 7 mil socks may shrink enough to make the fins a bit looser at depth. The custom suit shops make socks and advertise in their catalogue or if you want a special item like thick unlined socks they may make them upon request.

I also dive in cold water and use Salvimar 5mm Open cell socks. They do keep my feet warmer but because the socks are open cell they make my feet more buoyant so to counter act this I use 500g weights on each ankle.

Thanks everybody for tips! After testing half a dozen pairs of neopren socks, I finaly found a really good one: Imersion Seriole 7mm, also availiaby in 5 or 9mm. Open cell inside, lined outside, glued seams, perfektly processed. That´s exactly what I was looking for.

HI. I have a pair of brand-new fully sealed 7mm titanium coated open cell socks from Yazbeck currently for sale in UK if you are interested. great socks that are very warm. I've used 3mm ones right through the winter down to 7deg C.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT