• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Neoprene Shorts?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

unirdna

tropical wuss
Sep 16, 2002
After spending countless hours pleading with search engines, I will now do what I should have done in the first place....post a damn thread :duh . Does anyone know where I can buy a pair of 3mm, neoprene shorts? I would prefer open-cell or any titanium/biotermic/metalite interior and nylon exterior. Black would be best. Nylon in/out may suffice, but I fear the chafing :hmm . I thought I once saw that Immersion or maybe Omer made such a thing. Anyone know :confused: ?

*One last thought. What about elios?

Thanks,
Ted

Ted,

Have you tried looking at kayaking neoprene shorts? You can get 2mm and they're waterproof, but not as good as freediving wetsuits though.

I'm thinking you're going for a pair to stop cold water flushing up your suit, here.

Peter S.

Last edited:
OMER makes a black pair and a blue camo pair. I've got a pair from Quicksilver that I got from my local surf shop. The shorts are great in the summer under your normal 2.5/3mm top when it is a little too hot for a full two piece. I like this instead of a skin...for one thing it is cheaper and two...I can wear my camo top that has a hood and chest pad...nice features that you can't find on a skin. I think several of the scuba wetsuit companies make shorts also...I'm pretty sure Henderson has them.

...and he finally makes it to post 100, I thought for sure I would have come up with something profound to say in the past year...oh well, maybe next year.

Matt

Cliff,
I prefer to wear as little as possible (for the respective temp). I have a full 5mm, a 3mm, and a 3mm vest. I would like the shorts to go with the vest for dives that are in warm water and don't go below the thermocline. Also, shorts and a vest would be more comfortable for paddling in my OK. The less neoprene, the more better ;).

Yeah Peter,
That's all I was coming across was the kayak shorts. These were all nylon in/out. I would really really prefer to have opencell on the inside.

Matt,
Yeah, those omer ones are what I'm looking for. Any ideas where I could picked up a black pair of em :inlove?

Ted

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT