• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

new camera

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

chocolate

Nov 23, 2003
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a camera to bring to diving. What do you recommend and how's the quality like?

Cheers,

Choco

SONY CYBERSHOT P10

comes with a housing thats rated up to 40m (but i know for a fact that it works up to 63m :)

easy to use, 5.0 megapixels, amazing clarity, MPeg function, and loads of other little details and options.

the camera retails about 530-650USD (depends on your country)
housing around 400USD

Choco:

I'll be happy to share with you what I know, but first you've got to answer a few questions:

Do you have a preference to digital or film? How often do you dive? How long have you been diving? What type of diving do you do (wreck vs. tropical vs. somewhere in between)? Is the visibility very good (i.e., is there lots of ambient light)? Do you want pictures primarily of the wildlife, or perhaps of some fish but also your dive buddies, and people on the boat, and a few at the resort, etc.? How much do you have to spend (note I said have to spend, not want to spend cause I always want to spend more than I have)? Do you do much photography above land, or do you own a point and shoot snapsot camera and take a few pictures on special occasions?

the p 10 is a pretty good camera. it actually is retailing for about 399 and the housing is about 249 and that is in us dollars and direct from sony. my buddy shoots with one of those,(i don't have a camera yet because well i am still having trouble with breathing and buoyancy, but once i get the peak performance buoyancy down and buy the rest of my gear cameras are next on the list anyways back to my original thoughts) and here is a link to his website with the photos he has taken with the p10 http://members.roadfly.com/adb2/index.html

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT