• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Deeperblue HQ?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sinkweight

fat flotilla
Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Recently, rumors have been spread from reliable sources that Deeperblue will be acquiring a new, central headquarters. According to oceanographic real estate and business analyst George Hawker, there are only a handful of structures that would appropriately accommodate such a dive industry-based company.

"The word in the oceanographic sector is that they [Deeperblue] are looking for a mobile, submersible, internet-ready facility to move into..." states Hawker, "Off-hand, I can only think of one compages that might fit the bill."

Hawker, of course, refers to the Hall of Doom, an enormous, black steel dome structure that posesses the extraordinary ability to emerge from any body of water in the world at any given time.

The Hall of Doom, designed by supervillians Lex Luthor and Braniac in the late 1960's, began construction in 1970 as a counterpart to the Superfriends Justice League's Hall of Justice. Due to management setbacks within Luthercorp, [Lex] Luthor's primary source of income, construction was halted in 1971. Following a unsuccessful tortuous interference lawsuit against Luthorcorp, in which a kryptonite-laden Superman failed to appear in court, Luthor regained legal costs in time to finish construction of the Hall of Doom in 1973.

Following an early retirement in 1987, Lex Luthor still resides in Eldorado, a renowned exclusive golf community in Palm Springs, California. Luthorcorp, however, under the current corporate chairman, Michael Eisner, has failed to stay in the forefront of technology and weapons markets. A decline in interest from both domestic and overseas investors circumvented future business strategies, following a failed attempt to terrorize the entire world with horde of innumerable, self-replicating, lightning-breathing, flying crystaline spiders.

"You just can't compete with Japanese technological entities in the ever-evolving world market when you're still hell-bent on grandstanding," explains University of Texas socio-economics professor Bret Dartling, "For the last five years, Luthorcorp has been funneling 95% of its tender into unsuccessfully developing a giant zeppelin in which to transport giant Lothgronian Ice Beasts to unsuspecting nations...all the while, Europe has been in prevailing in its attempts to simplify processes of warhead guidance-nanochip manufacturing. It's a bygone business practice, and it doesn't even compute on paper. Now [Michael] Eisner is forced to layoff 20,000 henchmen, mad scientists, piddling sycophants and liquidate 46% of its assets. From what I hear, the Hall of Doom is the first to go."

Indeed, the infamous Hall of Doom was put up for online auction on Ebay earlier this week. With a starting bid of $988,300.25, one should wonder if Deeperblue's Stephen Whelan might click on the "Buy it Now!" button. Whelan and Deeperblue.net's forum mentors were unavailable for comment during the time of this thread, but there's an aura of suspicion that [Whelan] will be observing Performance Freediving International Team's world record attempts in Cayman from within the dark, void, nefarious gaze of the Hall of Doom.

Attachments

• hall of doom.jpg
    hall of doom.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Reactions: DeepThought
Oh don't thank me.

Thank the Unilever Corporation for making Q-tips long enough to deliver ether directly to the frontal lobes.

and stupid me assumed it was just based on a web server...lol.. When you were describing it i thought you were talkin about the big black hq from that bond movie, and i dont know which one it is so hopefully you guys do..ill find a pic of it since it looks the same(without the evil eyes)

so are we going to be allowed to visit hq? think of hte potential for deeperblue dive trips!!!!

Drunky, I believe you're thinking of Dr. No's lair.

The Hall of Doom is as if No's lair and Darth Vader's helmet had a love-child.

I would assume that Darth Vader's helmet did all the work in bed. I'd hope so. It'd be a little awkward the other way around.

These frequent laughings you bestow upon us vibrate my diaphragm and resonate my ribs. => Best rib-cage flexibility exercise ever!

Wasn't it Octopussi with this aquatic dome shaped arch-villain lair? Really stretching my memory.. problem is that most arch-villains had lairs in those (glorious) days...

The problem is that both of the parents have been fooling around with this guy and now there's a custody trial:

Last edited:
Reactions: sinkweight
No that was from Russia with love.

Octopussi had an island palace in a river.

sinkweight please, please find some help

Reactions: drunkinbda
I wonder if Stephan purchased the "Hall of Doom" if they would throw in some shark with laser beams attached to their foreheads.

just a side note....one more member and DB has got 5000!! thats gotta be come kinda milestone for a forum eh?

that's right, drunky!

How clever of you to notice. All we need is one more member and everyone is invited to my apartment, here in Dallas for our big 5000 celebration!

Somebody remind me to get some ice, napkins, some 2 liters of Coke, and borrow the projector so we can all watch a movie. I'll have to start a poll to see which movie we want to watch.

well..here's another architectural proposal for the HQ..although quite similar!!!

I gotta give credit to Stromberg from The Spy who Loved me...he had vision!

Attachments

• stromberg.jpg
    stromberg.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 149
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT