• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New elios dynamic suit

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

What kind of outside should i take?

• Regular smoothskinn and green painting

• Superskin Silver NJN

• Superskin Light green Yamamoto 45

Results are only viewable after voting.

Patcha

Sep 9, 2016
Hi, im new here on the forum and i am about to order a new suit for dynamic. Im interested in Elios, since they have been around for a while and proven themselves. I was thinking about 1,5mm. Here comes the tricky part.. It seems like their are different levels of outside 'smoothness' of these suits.

The remaining options that are left for me:
1) Suit 1,5mm nylon superelastic inside / Superskin Nano Dark Grey or Light Green outside (see photos) Neoprene Yamamoto 45 Freedown Price Euro 350,00 This is born for apnea competition and dynamic New Generation Freedown, ultra elastic with new superstretch lining inside, easy to wear without lubes, Super-comfortable, extra-glide with Nano technologies on skin and durable. (extra-low water-resistance, 20% more speed than Superskin old models)

3) Suit 1,5/2mm Nylon superelastic blue inside / Smoothskin Black outside Neoprene NJN medium Density Price Euro 290,00 it's the ultimate solutions, the most elastic suit in the world, easy to wear without lubes, comfortable, durable and reversible. (can wear on both side, depend from your needs, see photo 0183) (low water-resistance) (available with Benthos or Pelagos or Silver or Green painting outside just add + Euro 30,00)

4) Suit 1,5mm nylon superelastic inside / Superskin Silver outside (see photo Silver) Neoprene NJN medium density Price Euro 310,00 this kind of suit have a great elasticity, super-comfort, hydrodynamic effect and easy to wear without lubes, born for deep diving and competition (extra-low water-resistance, 20% more speed than classic smoothskin)
So we have normal smoothskin outside (2) / Superskin outside NJN (3)/ Superskin Yama 45 (1). They claim, in this order that the suits are one step faster the the previous one. But can u actually feel the difference in the water?

Im also interested in that green painting on normal smootskin. Theve send me some pictures but its hard to see the green since the people are diving so their are color changes. Does one of u guys have a black smoothskinn suit with this green striped painting? I would love to see a real life photo of it!

Thank u guys in advance for the help.
Grtz Patch

They are all so thin that you won't notice a difference in mibility, and unless you are competing the difference in water resistance is minimal. Assuming money is considered (which it is for most peopl) get the cheapest one that you think looks the best because they are all solid options. I own a 3mm elios with the NJN medium and it's ridiculously flexible (open cell inside and superelastic outside for durability and warmth more than speed). I have to take time to adjust all of the seams to the correct places so it isn't just sitting on me stretched out because I wouldn't notice it otherwise. A 1.5mm one will be even more flexible, and I believe the yamamoto 45 is more mobile than the NJN.

Do yourself a favor and make sure your measurements are accurate if this is your first custom. Double check them and ask questions if you need to. Their videos and diagrams can be a little confusing but they are good about answering emails. Since they are non-native English speakers make your questions clear and concise otherwise they tend to answer things your didn't ask. There doesn't seem to be a bad choice for you, but I would make sure you don't need it for any cold water because a 1.5mm will provide very little protection.

They are all so thin that you won't notice a difference in mibility, and unless you are competing the difference in water resistance is minimal. Assuming money is considered (which it is for most peopl) get the cheapest one that you think looks the best because they are all solid options. I own a 3mm elios with the NJN medium and it's ridiculously flexible (open cell inside and superelastic outside for durability and warmth more than speed). I have to take time to adjust all of the seams to the correct places so it isn't just sitting on me stretched out because I wouldn't notice it otherwise. A 1.5mm one will be even more flexible, and I believe the yamamoto 45 is more mobile than the NJN.

Do yourself a favor and make sure your measurements are accurate if this is your first custom. Double check them and ask questions if you need to. Their videos and diagrams can be a little confusing but they are good about answering emails. Since they are non-native English speakers make your questions clear and concise otherwise they tend to answer things your didn't ask. There doesn't seem to be a bad choice for you, but I would make sure you don't need it for any cold water because a 1.5mm will provide very little protection.

I'm also about to buy an Elios suit (for recreational at first at least). I was recommended the Nylon inside with smoothskin outside NJN neoprene. But I was wondering if the Open cell inside and NJN Smoothskin outside was more fragile than your typical Mares/Beuchat/etc. freediving suit, or about the same? In other words, should I be worried when the Elios agent says "very very delicate"? This will be my first freediving wetsuit, but I've worn the Beuchat Espadon Equipe several times before.

As a follow up, I have decided to order an open cell inside with smoothskin outside, NJN neoprene. My motivation to go with an open cell inside is that I have worn a Beuchat Espadon Equipe before, which is open cell inside and outside: although it was a bit tough to slip in, it wasn't that hard. In addition, open cell is said to be much warmer than nylon. I was convinced by an instructor that a custom made 3mm is as warm as a non-custom made 5mm because it is tighter. However, I'm still worried about getting cold, so I prefer being safe and getting the open cell inside. It's also 30 euros cheaper.

Hi, im new here on the forum and i am about to order a new suit for dynamic. Im interested in Elios, since they have been around for a while and proven themselves. I was thinking about 1,5mm. Here comes the tricky part.. It seems like their are different levels of outside 'smoothness' of these suits.

The remaining options that are left for me:
1) Suit 1,5mm nylon superelastic inside / Superskin Nano Dark Grey or Light Green outside (see photos) Neoprene Yamamoto 45 Freedown Price Euro 350,00 This is born for apnea competition and dynamic New Generation Freedown, ultra elastic with new superstretch lining inside, easy to wear without lubes, Super-comfortable, extra-glide with Nano technologies on skin and durable. (extra-low water-resistance, 20% more speed than Superskin old models)

3) Suit 1,5/2mm Nylon superelastic blue inside / Smoothskin Black outside Neoprene NJN medium Density Price Euro 290,00 it's the ultimate solutions, the most elastic suit in the world, easy to wear without lubes, comfortable, durable and reversible. (can wear on both side, depend from your needs, see photo 0183) (low water-resistance) (available with Benthos or Pelagos or Silver or Green painting outside just add + Euro 30,00)

4) Suit 1,5mm nylon superelastic inside / Superskin Silver outside (see photo Silver) Neoprene NJN medium density Price Euro 310,00 this kind of suit have a great elasticity, super-comfort, hydrodynamic effect and easy to wear without lubes, born for deep diving and competition (extra-low water-resistance, 20% more speed than classic smoothskin)
So we have normal smoothskin outside (2) / Superskin outside NJN (3)/ Superskin Yama 45 (1). They claim, in this order that the suits are one step faster the the previous one. But can u actually feel the difference in the water?

Im also interested in that green painting on normal smootskin. Theve send me some pictures but its hard to see the green since the people are diving so their are color changes. Does one of u guys have a black smoothskinn suit with this green striped painting? I would love to see a real life photo of it!

Thank u guys in advance for the help.
Grtz Patch
Are you happy with it? I'm currently looking for a new suit for pool use.

I have the Omer pool suit but have found it less than spectacular due to flushing and with my arms above my head the back of the suit bunches up significantly.

Thank u jaritter for all this information. Like u said, the yamamoto 45 is more flexible than NJN. All the options are indeed solid and since i dont compete i just bought the cheapest one with the green print to stand out ^^

The shared information about Elios is indeed correct. I have ordered there before.

I'm also about to buy an Elios suit (for recreational at first at least). I was recommended the Nylon inside with smoothskin outside NJN neoprene. But I was wondering if the Open cell inside and NJN Smoothskin outside was more fragile than your typical Mares/Beuchat/etc. freediving suit, or about the same? In other words, should I be worried when the Elios agent says "very very delicate"? This will be my first freediving wetsuit, but I've worn the Beuchat Espadon Equipe several times before.

Hi TophrBR,

Yes, that combination of open cell/smoothskin will be more fragile. Since a 'typical' suit has open cell inside and a nylon outer lining to protect against rocks ect. If u take a nylon lining on the inside ur suit will still be fragile with the smoothskin that is torn easily when u bumb against stuff.

So the safest bet is to go open cell/nylon outer when u are recreational diving.

As a follow up, I have decided to order an open cell inside with smoothskin outside, NJN neoprene. My motivation to go with an open cell inside is that I have worn a Beuchat Espadon Equipe before, which is open cell inside and outside: although it was a bit tough to slip in, it wasn't that hard. In addition, open cell is said to be much warmer than nylon. I was convinced by an instructor that a custom made 3mm is as warm as a non-custom made 5mm because it is tighter. However, I'm still worried about getting cold, so I prefer being safe and getting the open cell inside. It's also 30 euros cheaper.

Either way a nice choice when u already had some experience with similar suits!

Are you happy with it? I'm currently looking for a new suit for pool use.

I have the Omer pool suit but have found it less than spectacular due to flushing and with my arms above my head the back of the suit bunches up significantly.

Yes Dave, i love the suit. My only complaint is that the green paint/print will vanish in time since the paint 'cracks' when strechting the suit to get into it. The nylon inside really comes in handy. When u feel the suit u know its fragile but after a couple of uses u will get more comfortable on how to handle it.

I also think Elios can shape the suit so it is more hydrodynamic when stretching the arms. U should aks them how that works.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT