• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Equipment

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mincey

May 20, 2003
Hi,

My partner and I are fairly new to SCUBA diving. We completed our PADI open water in August last year in Scotland.
We have now bought brand new kit, regs, octupus, bcds and dry suits none of which we have used yet but hope to be using either this weekend or the next.

My questions are:
As we will be diving with completely new kit are there checks (other than the usual) that we should be doing before and whilst we are diving?
Are there recommended tests that we should put our new kit through?

Thanks,

V

New Euipment

I always test new equipment in the pool, or on an easy shore dive near home before taking it on a trip. Not only does this let me know that it works as I expect it to, but that it is going to meet my diving needs (ease of use, fit, breathability, etc.). I'd much rather find out somthing leaks in the pool rather than on a dive I've been looking forward to.

You don't say if you have dived since last August. If not, then you might want to consider asking your local shop about a scuba review, because then you get to try all your new kit in the pool, with someone there to guide you through its use, as well as refresh your motor skills.
Also, is it the first time you have ever used drysuits. If so, it is a good idea to get an orientation to their use from an experienced diver, or maybe do a drysuit course, as they can be tricky to use at first.

Hope this is of some use to you

def get to a pool....or a quarry....dont find out whats wrong on your trip at 60 ft.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT