• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Question New freediving agency

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

xristos

Sep 5, 2013
I am planning for AIDA 2, 3 in August but I listen to freedive cafe and a talk about Molchanovs system on episode with Adam Stern got me wondering if I should wait for some months.

What's your opinion on the focus on training goals with structured plan before taking courses and in general the concept discussed on the podcast ? I have to say I really liked the idea but would like to know the price of the Molchanovs system to have better picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At a basic level, all freediving courses do the same thing. Beginner and intermediate courses are about learning the basics, teaching you to be safe and helping you to progress. It is better you spend time making sure the instructor is right for you rather than which agency as essentially they are all the same at the first levels.

Start with a beginner course and then progress from there. Build up practice, skills and experience.

We cover some of the reasons what you should look for in https://www.deeperblue.com/need-freediving-course-offers-courses/

Stephan thanks for help. I don't consider myself beginner since I'm diving for most of my 21 years. I've attended seminars on most of the bullet topics in the article. Also, I've read a lot relevant topics on deeperblue. On a last note I haven't hit a plateau in my diving either, I'm 40+ meters because I don't have buddy or line to do max dive on and no training apart from diving. So this sums up what I would like to achieve through a course.

Do dives I shouldnt do alone with a buddy (its easier to find buddy if you are certified)
Link up with people
Learn training ideas-concepts to get over future plateaus I may hit
Refresh my knowledge and hopefully add on it.

Last edited:
@xristos - I don't think you've taken a course before right? The depth you are diving means you could do a beginner course first for the basics then onto an intermediate course. Most entry level courses will give you everything on your list but the intermediate will give you an additional level of knowledge and skill.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT