• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

new freediving transport

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BladeRunner

Mud Puddle Diver
May 20, 2002
I just bought a new bike and wanted to see if I could load up my dive gear and go diving. It took some time to find the best place to stoy the different gear but it worked out pretty smoothly. I've done it about 5 times so far and I working out he packing bugs.
I just need to figure out how I can carry my suit when go on long multy day trips and avoid creasing the suit up really bad. Here's a pic of my new ride!!

996cc of low and Med range torque at the twist of the wrist Oooh yeah baby !!!:cool:

BladeRunner OUT

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 442
Last edited:
Hiya Bladerunner

Suzuki's Rule !!!!!

:D :D :D :D

My mode of transport:

Attachments

• miles wheelie.jpg
    miles wheelie.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 404
Hiya

Suzuki Hayabusa 1600cc. Started life as a 1300cc but i got bored with it. Fitted a big bore kit, yoshi stage 3 cams, gas flowed heads, power comander3, bmc filter & full titanuim akropovic exuast system. Makes 230hp on the back wheel. I used to drag race her, but became bored after 2 years of dragging.......lack of suitable competion.

My daily bike is now a 1999 Honda Fireblade streetfighter. Sigle-sided swing-arm, ducati wheels, carbon r1 tail peice, straight handle bars, lucas rearsets, devil pipe and a huge sprocket. Power wheelies in 3rd!!!

Unfortunately they both have become rather unloved because i tend to spend almost all of my free time spearfishing. (a 250km/h crash two years ago also helped me lose interest:D . 3rd gear wheelie on my hayabusa that went horrible wrong. I've actually got the crash on video!!! My mate just switched his cam-corder on and i was the first thing he filmed!!! Broke my little finger on my left hand in that crash!!!)

regards
miles

Hey Blade. How far r u riding with your gear.

You can always wear your diving suit in the bike. I use my 100cc scooter to go spearing. Put my suit on at home and rest the dive bag on foot plate. Carry guns like Sir Lancelot :D

Miles, when you souped up that 'Busa did you fit an extra large gas tank for all that extra consumption?

Hiya Shaneshac

Don't need an extra large gas tank. I very seldom ride it anymore. When i used to drag, i'd ride it to the track and back home. Occationally i would take her for a quick spin. Fuel isn't the problem, tyres is:( . Typical drag meeting would see me destroy a new Bridgestone bt56ss tyre. Road riding the tyre would last about 3 week-ends. Bike wheel-spins in fifth gear!!!. Fireblade is much easier on the pocket. Michilin Pilot Race tyre lasts about 6months regular road use.

regards
miles

How about chains and sprockets???

How many of those did you go through?

Chain & sprockets are quite tuff. But when you drag race, you put alot of stress on your running gear. 6-8months life from original chain and sprockets. I only fitted original because the pirate ones don't even last 1month!!! My buddies normal hayabusa 1300 still has original chain and sprocket and has done almost 20 000km's.

miles

Miles you're nuts :D
once I thought about the scooter idea to go spearing but later on I thought the booty of my car is much more comfortable.

Hey MILES!!!!

How's the bottom fishing in CT???

He he he ....

Doing another trip in April .... got two spearo's from Pta with me this time round ... not bad looking chappies, really. Last time was only bubble blowers - they nearly had a fit when they got back on the duck with jacques (yes he's back) and me and three 15kg Cudas .... he he he.

hiya SASpearo

Unfortunately we don't get "rosy gamefish" here in the Cape:D :D :D . Did taste really good if i remember correctly!!!

Pm me details of your trip. I'm definitely interested. Just a thought, we could even take my Gemini RIB with us. Last couple of km's might prove a hassle though (remember, i've got some photo's!!!)

miles

RIB not a problem - we get one of the resort bakkies to come and get it and tow it through the sand.

I've lost all the photos of that trip (thanks once again, Max .....) so would appreciate it if you've got some that you can mail me .... especially the rosy gamefish one!

oi,

why you holding out on me?? Whats this about your trip in mid-march.........where you going??.........am i invited??
Send more details........tired of diving in cold water. I'm busy purchasing a 3mm suit, so i need to get wet soon!!!!

I'll see what i can do about those photo's.

miles

24th to 28th March, baby.

Guinjata, of course .... It's going to be a 'scouting' trip - I'm going to take the new duck (duck? waht duck? why NEW duck?) up there to see what she's gonna do in the sand.

I've completely trashed my suit - shutup I know it was trashed before) - you have no idea how sharp doggy teeth are. I've done the last three trips without a suit - I use a "Free floating budget foam rubber chest loading pad" (read old plakkie) to load the guns ... I'm gonna have to get more of those rabi handles, man. I load the 120cm with 20mm without a pad, no hassles.

Next trip in April is from the 3rd to the 11th - a 9 day trip. Stay in chalets, costs R4000 all in like last time.

I might have a spot open on the scouting trip though ... hint hint .... will let you know.

New Duck???? What new duck???

9 day trip sounds like fun. Gimme more details, i'm there!!!!

Miles

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT