• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

new from carlsbad, CA USA

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

crz4blue

Sep 13, 2007
I'm fairly active and started freediving with Hawaiian sling (no fish yet).
Plan to learn the ropes with it then graduate to a speargun eventually.

anybody is aware of any clubs in my area?

looking forward, thxs

Hey good to hear that you have started your experience in the great world of spearfishing/freediving. I'm coming up on a year experience, and in less than a years time I will be moving to 29 palms area. I'm looking forward to learning the CA waters for spearfishing and freediving when I get there. Best of luck. I've been to Carlsbad. Surfing only. My first time to surf was right there when you drive from San Diego just getting into Carlsbad. Nice spot. Looking back on it I would think that would be a good shore dive for freediving/spearfishing. I'll let you know when I get states side maybe you can show me around the area.

be happy to show you around. And in a year's time I will know more about freediving/spearfishing :)

when you surfed in Calrsbad, was is a very open (no buildings) beach with nearest street perperdicular to 101 highway being La Costa Avenue? if so, that place is good for surfing but no good for spearing because there are no reefs there.

so you will end up in 29 palms...if you are into rock climbing, you can also hit Joshua Monument Park. one of the best climbing spots in the country.

good luck and happy journey

Right on, I'll keep this subscription until I get to 29. I will likely need something to do in my free time. I'm going to try to build a gun when I get there as well.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT