• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Nick Bylsma

Nov 1, 2017
Hi everyone! I am new to freediving and looking for diving buddies. With the exception of Catalina trips I will probably be diving out of Redondo Beach, Long Beach, Santa Monica, Malibu, and Santa Barbara. Other local dive spots welcome. I have a Hobie Island kayak as well which I outfitted with a small diving platform. It is very handy for travel to a breakwall or ship - wreck.

Let me know if you would like to meet up. I am most available on Sundays but my work also allows for some flexibility.

Welcome! Have you found anyone to dive with? We do have a good number of people in L.A. If you haven't found a buddy, post in the USA/Canada subforum. Also use the search bar in the upper right of the page and type in Los Angeles, then reply to existing threads.

Hi Nick,
I'm down in San Clemente, probably too far to get together for a dive. Are you interested in line diving or freedive spearfishing?

Hi Bill,

I am interested but it is a little far to regularly head out there. If I plan a trip out there I will let you know. I will be heading out to Catalina for the Blue water part of my free diving course later this month.

Nick,

I didn't expect that you would want to come down to San Clemente, but I was asking if you were interested in pure freediving or spearfishing so that others reading this would know whether to respond. Many people are interested in one but not the other. For instance, I spearfish but am not interested in swimming up and down lines. Even if I lived near you, I wouldn't want to get together for pure freediving. But if I lived near you and you were interested in spearfishing, then we might get together,.

Reactions: BatRay
Nick, I forgot to mention, but there is a regular L.A. meetup for freedivers. Could be of interest.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT