• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

new guns from C4!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
one more detail of C4 Urukaj railgun open muzzle:

Nuova_cartella_070.jpg

very nice, i like the Mr Carbon's shape better, but i think id go for the loop bands if i was to get one

The trigger mechs look good any details available?
can they be purchased seperately for guys that like to make their own guns?

could be just me, but the urukay strikes me more as a blue water version, the thick cross section to minimize recoil, as well as cross section shape. I think Mr carbon is also a rail gun, which seems a bit strange, C4 had intended not to have a rail in the mononscocca model, to avoid any loss of powr to friction, is this a change in philosophy or market pressure? in all cases, both guns look like a piece of art, but if i get one, most likely mr carbon, C4 are truly the ferrari of spearguns

As soon as I get the cash together and finde a good sorce for them in the USA I will get a Mr carbon,

could be just me, but the urukay strikes me more as a blue water version, the thick cross section to minimize recoil, as well as cross section shape. I think Mr carbon is also a rail gun, which seems a bit strange, C4 had intended not to have a rail in the mononscocca model, to avoid any loss of powr to friction, is this a change in philosophy or market pressure? in all cases, both guns look like a piece of art, but if i get one, most likely mr carbon, C4 are truly the ferrari of spearguns

I'd say that C4 are more of the Koenigsegg's of spearguns. Rabitechs are the Ferrari's. Abellan Denton 106 is the maybach of spearguns.

Last edited:
since i purchased a 104 C4 MR carbon, id say theyre the Mclarren of spearguns :)

hi, im just starting out, and will be in hawaii for 2 weeks in march
could you rec a user frienly gun, thats not over 300. and is ther any problem traveling on a plane w the gear packed? thanks, jimthecaretaker

I didnt have any problem taking my gun over to hawaii. I declared it as "fishing equipment". Don't mention a spear gun because as soon as they hear gun, they flip out. I packed my gun in a guitar case because thats all I had. And it went over and came home safely. "No problem bra" as they say in Hawaii.

For fishing over in hawaii you are going to need a long gun because the visibility is so good and therefore the fish are skittish. A longer gun will get you longer range. For a euro gun in those waters I would say 110cm to 120cm is a good size. Rob Allen makes a great gun that you could pick up for around $280.00 I believe.

you can pick it up at florida freedivers:
https://www.flfreedivers.com/shop_R...d=211&osCsid=04a9f25d6bced076ec1c8164587a8292

The double band version is good because you have the choice of using only one band when firing the spear around the reef in order to reduce the damage to the spear.

Btw. Which island are you going to? I know where to go in maui.

Anyone got a price for these guns?

Cheers,
Huw.

Anyone got a price for these guns?

Cheers,
Huw.

In my town shop the C4 Mr. Carbon costs from 494 euro for the shortest one (79 centimeters) up to 520 euro for the longest 119cm.
It's pretty expensive, sure, but if you can't afford the price, guys in the shop will accept one of your kidneys as a form of payment. That's quite interesting for those who still have both their kidneys working. :t

In my town shop the C4 Mr. Carbon costs from 494 euro for the shortest one (79 centimeters) up to 520 euro for the longest 119cm.
It's pretty expensive, sure, but if you can't afford the price, guys in the shop will accept one of your kidneys as a form of payment. That's quite interesting for those who still have both their kidneys working. :t

rofl rofl thats pretty awesome. That price works out at around £350
i guess, so yeah its pretty expensive... around 3 gabbianos worth :D it better be a hell of a gun!!!!

Huw.

yes that is thrue carbon speargun is very good. light weight easy to use but i recomended wooden spear gun because you can make it in your home you can make handle same dimension of your hand. easy to repair. my own made wooden gun's 7-8 mt.s i can snipe so nothing can be better than than your own made speargun :)

all is about fashion and marketing guys. dont let yourselves being carried away. the secret is in training. even if you have the best looking gun it is you who will catch the fish. take care, dive safe.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT