• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Hawaiian Sling design

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
i want one but they are a bit expensive! I am 14 and i dont have much money. with all the stuff i want to get it will probaly cost me 200$canadian i want 2 shafts because i will lose them.(i might try a shooting string we have murky water) and an extra band.

Kelly
Lets talk via E mail. I can help with the costs, I have some seconds that work just as good as the firsts. I can give you a better price on them. $25.00 instead of $50.00. The shafts are extra and I can not lower thier price. Make sure your dad or Mom will help you order when the time comes. OK?
Thanks
Ray:eek:

Last edited:
A memo on these seconds
They work just as well as the firsts, at $25.00 dollars thats 50%off.
I also have a good supply of 7.5mm hawaiian sling oil quenched carbon steel shafts, 2" flopper, tri cut tip. At $10.00 ea they are a steal. Get them while supply lasts!

ruppst,

Interested in the seconds. Could you describe in a little more detail. Also, I haven't seen carbon spring steel in forever. The old ones were much better than stainless (except for a little rust). Are yours the same? The 7.5 mm shafts should be slighly smaller than american measure shafts(I think). Do they fly noticably different?

I finally got a printer that can replicate old pics of sling shot grouper. Still want some? PM an address.

Connor

These are new Rob Allen Oil quenched carbon spring steel, They are designed to resist rust and do show a rust in time but its only like a stain, a lttle veg. oil wiped dry referbishes them well. 7.5 mm is just smaller than a 5/16" shaft, still a stiff, weighty shaft with good punch. They have a tri cut tip and I am not sure if they fly as striaght as a rock point. But at the close range of a sling it may not make much of a difference.
The Sling seconds have mold seam lines and minor defects on the surface. They can be sanded and camo painted if you want to make them look "pretty" but there is no difference in performance from the firsts. The light , medium, medium heavy, heavy, extra heavy, and super heavy bands all are available for it. Sure I would like to see those pics! Post them or send them e-mail.

Hey looks great and easy to use. I am a begginner in new zealand and just looking around and these types of spears as they are the cheapest and easiest to use. If only a type like this was over here. They only cost nzl$40.00 (approximately us$20.00) and it is more sensesible for me to learn on one of these cheap versions over here. Hopefully someone over here will have the genious to come up with a similiar style. Great design. Hope you do well in your sales.

Seconds that work like a first for $25? Where do I send my money? I was just in FL Freedivers last weekend and was considering buying one of your slings until I saw the price tag ($60 - ouch!).

Scott

no one has had a post here in about two years???
I want one, I will buy one or I will make one of my own.
Japan has almost the same "NO SPEARGUN LAW" slings and poles R ok.

No, I was lucky to have a line on those shafts in the past. I guess my manufacturing process has improved so I have fewer 2cds. I have none at this time.

well, that sounds like good news on your end at least :)

I'll just throw my coins in a jar until I can buy one at full price then

Hey, just got back from diving in the Bahamas and need a good sling for my next trip. Definitely interested in purchasing one of your slings sometime soon. Just checking to make sure they're still available, it's been a few years since anyone posted here.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT