• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

new in Miami

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ripro

May 3, 2008
Hello, just got interested in freediving recently through some links about meditation. I'm a philosophy major and the zen aspect of freediving is what appealed to me. I've never actually been freediving, but I knew someone from my karate dojo named Ivan, very cool guy who unfortunately passed away a couple years ago while spearfishing. He had mentioned it once and it sounded pretty fun. I've spent alot of time in the water when i was younger as well.

I'm currently practicing my tables and after about a weeks worth of them i can keep my contractions from coming until 3:15 or so which is amazing considering i never thought i could hold my breath past 2:30. the tables really work! i will probably be taking my girlfriend on a snorkeling charter in the keys soon and maybe even take the Stepanek course in the summer, funds allowing. I hear a good local shop is Austins, but for now i'm just keeping an eye out for bargains on craigslist. If anyone has any other ideas for equipment let me know! thanks.

welcome to DB bud...make yourself at home! Austins is a great shop as well as a few others around Miami...read up on safety (as you already know it can be dangerous down there), good idea with the MS class!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT