• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Italian Spearo Member from Engand who is going to Madeira soon!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

dario_deli

Spearfishing obsessed
Jan 11, 2008
Hi Guys
I'm a new member and and I just wanted to say Hi to everyone. The reason because I joined this forum is because I found nice advices here even if I dont know how to use it yet. I'm going to Madeira soon and I was wondering if anybody wanted to give me any other advice. For example if I woud need to rent a boat or I can just go from the shore and get a nice spearing. Thank you guys
Deep Regards
Dario

Welcome Dario :)

Am I right that you are friendly with Apneaboy who is from Manchester too? If so (or even if not)it would be good to make your acquaintance soon either at the Dorothea quarry or even better in the sea with a speargun :friday I am from North Wales which is the best hunting area close to Manchester.

Hi Pastor, I'm not a member of Apneaboy and to be honest it is the first time I hear this club or maybe is that the club which John Moocroft is member with? It would be great if we could freedive and spearfish together because I often do it alone in england and it's not safe at all! Where do you live at the moment?
Dario

ciao dario, welcome on DB. Check this thread about Madeira, and eventually send a personal message to forum members Takeshi and Marginatus, they're nice and helpful guys.
http://forums.deeperblue.net/trip-reports/65348-trip-madeira.html
As for Manchester, check this thread too:
http://forums.deeperblue.net/uk-ireland/75292-spearing-near-manchester-uk.html
Benvenuto e vai così! :)
PS: scusa Dario, ma ho visto che nel tuo profilo hai postato una foto con dei lucci. Per caso sei del Lago di Garda? E' solo curiosità...

Last edited:
You know John Moorcroft? I haven't actually met him yet but we are hoping to dive together this summer. I am in Anglesey in a small village called Rhosneigr, very good hunting here, mostly always safe but there are some very dangerous places in North Wales some of which have good fishing. Have you done much hunting in North Wales?

Yes I know John and thanks to him I know a little bit North Wales. I went to spear in Rhosneigr last summer and also in Penmon and Leyn Peninsula for all summer till end of october. We should definetly go together sometime!
P.S.:sono di Roma e quei lucci gli ho presi nel Mar Baltico in Finlandia dove vive la mi ragazza!Ma il tuo amico sta venendo a Manchester?Sto in cerca di un compagno di pesca disperatamente che vado sempre da solo!

Dario go with the local guys: they ROCK! And Pastor is also an exquisite animal: warmly recommended.
So you're from Rome? My friend lives in Rome too (but he's Tuscan). I saw him on Christmas and told me he had just received a good job offer in Manchester and was taking his decision....If he comes over he'll become your buddy: he lives for spearfishing. he's even more fanatic than me!

Reactions: Pastor
Im defenitely going with Pastor! Talking about your friend Manchester isnt the best place for who is sick of spearfishing as Im and as your friend probably is!In summer it is great and to get out of the water without fish is not possible at all but winter is long and hard to face!

Reactions: Pastor
Well it would be great to meet up Dario, I hope to get myself another boat for this summer so we could get out to some of the outer reefs and some of the other places that are usually a long swim too.

This isn't you by any chance?
16451d1197561967-spearing-north-wales-diverpenmon.jpg

YEAH!That's definetly me in Penmon!I cant stop to laugh!roflWhy didnt you stop me? I dont really know when the bass will come back, do you have any idea? I know that in the south other spearos of LIC start to catch black bream in April which is soon!Obviously it would be great to meet up and to go together!

Last edited:
rofl I wasn't there, some miserable old guy with a fishing rod took the photo and posted a terrible story on a fishing forum saying how bad we all are. Thankfully everyone else there was on our side and it seems to have done more good than harm :) We have an odd bunch of fishermen who don't fish to eat but only to throw back and criticise everyone else for doing wrong.
Anyway, with that white float I will never miss you so I will say hello. The Bass will be back here late in June, much later than down south, the bream will be here late July until mid September, I will show you where to catch them when we meet (too many secret places ;) )

It means Im famous between old guys!That's ashamed, a cute guy like me!Eheh!Unfortunately I cant share with you any secret place cos i always went in the same 3-4 spots you'd know very well but Im a good spearing mate!The only problem is that I cant wait till june!What can I do?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT