• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New LG coming (Supreme 14)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Diving Gecko

shooter & shooter
Jun 24, 2008

So, they really don't like 13mm pistons;). I think they have had 12mm for a long time and now, will go to 14mm. I don't know why. Possibly to run a bit lower pressures - which is something I am considering myself in a future build. Other than that, it looks like a 12mm Revolution with their newest muzzle. Still no optimized/reverse trigger?

• Sad
Reactions: Zahar and Kodama
There are very few 14 mm inner barrel guns around these days, so they probably see it as a marketing niche to fill. The Alpha C1 is 14 mm and so are a couple of older Russian models. Looks like only the 3 longest LG models are getting the larger internal diameter barrel, plus a blue finish and white handles.
LG-SUB Supreme 14 mm.jpg

The reel seems to be of larger capacity and the barrel stickers are now printed on a clear background rather than the stencil cut letters used before which tend to come off in small pieces. Still no safety and no power regulator.

Last edited:
Is LGSub a big name in pneumatic spearguns? I never heard of it until now. Who are the big names high quality manufactures of pneumatic spearguns in the world? I know of Mares, Cressi, Seacsub, Imersion. Omer stopped making pneumatic spearguns as of their 2020 catalog.

Is LGSub a big name in pneumatic spearguns? I never heard of it until now. Who are the big names high quality manufactures of pneumatic spearguns in the world? I know of Mares, Cressi, Seacsub, Imersion. Omer stopped making pneumatic spearguns as of their 2020 catalog.
I just looked at the Omer 2020 catalog and you are right, only spears and loading handles and the pressure gauge accessories for the pneumatic guns which themselves are now not listed.

One of the main attractions, except for the price, is that the LG guns are totally made in Italy, unlike some of the Italian companies who resorted to Chinese sub-contracted parts in order to save money. Mares even offer a band gun which is a restickered Chinese gun which originally was called the "Shark" and did their own brand name no favours. It is a bottom entry weapon of no great cost, except to their reputation (the Bandit)!
s-l1600.jpg

This is the "Shark" which could be ordered in bulk for under 30 bucks each originally.
shark speargun.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DivingNomad
Last edited:
Prices listed from E610-650. That's 100 euros more for the same size Revolution (117cm), though I think they both come with the reel?. The Revolution range tops out at 124cm whereas the Supreme goes one step larger at 132cm.
I can't find any mentioning anywhere of max pressure allowed in the two guns which could possibly have given a clue as to why they felt they needed to move to 14mm. If my math is correct, they can get the same force on the bigger piston with a 36% lower pressure in the gun.
[EDIT] Found a manual that states max 30 bar. I don't know anyone who can manually load at higher than 30 bar anyways, so I am puzzled by the move. Any mentioning of a new SS barrel? Because that could possibly work being the same outer 16mm but then going up in ID as to not be too heavy.

70 pages pescasubapnea but no pics of the internals... I know I keep saying it doesn't have a true reversed trigger but the German dealer's sales blurb says it does. Pete has theorized that it is a normal, though optimized trigger, moved aft a little. @popgun pete did you ever take yours apart or did you ever come across some pics of the trigger mech?

Last edited:
Prices listed from E610-650. That's 100 euros more for the same size Revolution (117cm), though I think they both come with the reel?. The Revolution range tops out at 124cm whereas the Supreme goes one step larger at 132cm.
I can't find any mentioning anywhere of max pressure allowed in the two guns which could possibly have given a clue as to why they felt they needed to move to 14mm. If my math is correct, they can get the same force on the bigger piston with a 36% lower pressure in the gun.

I know I keep saying it doesn't have a true reversed trigger but the German dealer's sales blurb says it does (the older one). Pete has theorized that it is a normal, though optimized trigger, moved aft a little. @popgun pete did you ever take yours apart or do you have some pics of the trigger mech?
I started on it, but never got around to pulling it completely apart. When we have a warm day I will have another go at it. You can tell from the photos that the sear lever is moved right back as the trigger transmission pin is very close to the back end of the gun. If the user is strong enough then he can keep the pressure up, but then he has to do it all in one go as no "easy loading".
Castello-LG-Sensitive-dx.jpg

One thing to note is the trigger swings down and back on an arc, usually triggers swing in the fore-aft direction as the trigger pivot pin is above the trigger hook, not above and behind it. Thus the LG trigger swings in the second quadrant of a circle rather than at the bottom between quadrants two and three.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diving Gecko
Yeah, I have noticed that before. And the gun has a regular inlet valve, right? Those are fairly deep so maybe not a real reverse trigger, but a moved back traditional one.

Yeah, I have noticed that before. And the gun has a regular inlet valve, right? Those are fairly deep so maybe not a real reverse trigger, but a moved back traditional one.
Yes, I think it is the usual valve type as they are very short if you don't have a separate inlet valve body. Basically metal can be hollowed out to have thinner wall sections than you could ever do in plastic and still resist internal elevated pressures and in this way LG have crammed the usual works into the last few inches of their gun, plus they have a short piston. The rear gun housing is also the inlet valve body and rear bulkhead. I would hazard that machining that rear metal body contributes a lot to the cost of producing the gun.

I remember meeting a bulky looking Russian guy one day when diving and he wondered what my gun was like, so I let him load it, cautioning that it was pretty hard to load. He pushed the shaft in like the gun had no pressure and said "what is wrong with you"? I had no answer.

Last edited:

So, they really don't like 13mm pistons;). I think they have had 12mm for a long time and now, will go to 14mm. I don't know why. Possibly to run a bit lower pressures - which is something I am considering myself in a future build. Other than that, it looks like a 12mm Revolution with their newest muzzle. Still no optimized/reverse trigger?

I suppose this speargun might be for use with 8 mm and thicker shafts..?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT